lots of news coming!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2006
      hello group, has everyone been busy this spring? The weather at
      Rocking Horse Farm has been unseasonably warm for much of this spring.
      It's been a great opportunity to do some spring cleaning and start out
      with some fresh new projects and ideas.

      I haven't sent out hints or announcements from this list for a few
      weeks, so we have some catching up to do with our "blog." Later today
      I will be sending several messages pertaining to specific crafts so
      you can pick and choose what you wish to read. You may wish to read
      only the items pertaining to machine embroidery, or knitting for
      example. I thought it might be easier than one huge long-winded
      message.

      A quick summary of announcements:

      -A reminder to Rocking Horse News subscribers to check their copy of
      the Spring 2006 issue, to make sure the pattern on page 4 is readable
      ... if not, please send a SASE and I will send a new copy.

      -Sewing and Embroidery Camp is in July, space is limited. Sign up
      early, please.

      -Knitting Camp is also in July this year, instead of June. This year
      there are several new concepts for machine knitting camp.

      -Our cooperating hotel for any Rocking Horse Farm events is still the
      same rate as last year, if you ask for the Rocking Horse Farm rate.
      This *may* even work if you are traveling a long distance only to shop
      at our store, depending on hotel occupancy. Our "official" hotel is
      the Fairfield Inn by Mariott, 320-654-1881. Yes, during the summer we
      have many instances where people travel here specifically for shopping
      at our store. It is quite flattering to think that people include us
      in their travel plans but especially to know we are a destination!

      -pictures of a Stained Glass sewing project with machine embroidered
      motif will be uploaded shortly

      -more pictures from our new knitting instruction book "YOUR MID-GAUGE
      FAVORITES: Hand-knit look on 6.5mm and 7mm knitting machines" will be
      up

      -we now have a wool carder for sale at our store, come to "Fiber
      Friends" on the 3rd Tuesday of each month for a demonstration, or stop
      in any time

      More news to come later today. Happy knitting and sewing!