March news... spring is coming... baby blanket contest... sewing camp...

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2006
      Hello group. Here is the Rocking Horse News knitting-sewing-spinning-
      yarn news for March!

      Carole has been asked to demonstrate machine embroidery at a Sewing
      Camp for young people. This is sponsored by a 4-H program near St.
      Cloud, Minnesota. Each year they have a Sewing Camp for urban and
      rural youth, and Carole was asked to demonstrate our Brother
      Pacesetter machines this year. She will be out of the store to do this
      on Saturday, March 11th but the store will be open with Jason here.

      Attention knitters: Tamm yarns are on sale for the next few weeks. I
      will send more details in a later message, or contact us for details.

      Seminar News: Carole, Jason and Jerome from Rocking Horse Farm are all
      teaching at the PURLS OF JOY seminar, April 28-29. We have been
      working on demonstrations and will start posting our class lists in
      this Yahoo Group's "files" section shortly. This is a Seminar for
      knitting and embroidery that you won't want to miss. All registrants
      can enter the BABY BLANKET CONTEST. We hope to see some great examples
      of knitting and embroidery in this event.

      Several of the instructors at this year's Purls of Joy seminar are
      teaching sessions using the charting and designing program
      DESIGNAKNIT. Are you familiar with this? Look at our website for
      information about how it is used to design motifs, insert names to
      personalize fairisle knitting, chart custom sweater sizes, convert
      scanned photographs into knittable patterns for hand knitting or
      Brother-Studio-Singer-Silver Reed-Passap and KnitKing machines, and SO
      much more.

      We sell the program!

      DAK7 DesignaKnit version 7 for Windows (Professional Version), $499.00

      Silverlink4 for Interactive Knitting (Windows XP compatible), $399.00

      Curl Cord (connects machine carriage to Silverlink cable), $57.00

      Cables for Brother, KnitKing and Passap machines are also in stock at
      our store, ready to ship... contact me for details.

      Upcoming Events:

      (If you live away from our shop, you can email us your latest news or
      project questions and we will share them at club)

      EMBROIDERY CLUB: Sat. March 4, 10am.

      MACHINE KNITTING CLUB: Sat. March 4, 1:30pm

      SPINNING WHEEL/HAND KNITTING GUILD: Tues. March 21, 6pm.

      All of these classes are free, beginner thru advanced skill levels are
      welcome.

      Update on Fred: Fred is doing very well, thanks to everyone who
      offered support.

      Jason at RHF