news, updates....

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2006
      Hello group. Thanks for the many emails, cards, and phone messages
      supporting Carole's husband Fred after his recent surgery. Those of
      you new to our "group" will get to know Fred as the person who handles
      a lot of the cleaning, maintenance and repair of machines, and also
      serves as a one-man "shipping department" for all products we send. He
      was released several days ago and is managing well at home. Friday was
      the first day Carole left him home alone (trusting he would behave) so
      she could spend the whole day at the store.

      In other news, we have been pleasantly surprised at the response to
      our latest "Operation Toasty Toes" adventure. We will soon be ready to
      send the newest batch of slippers to the young man in Iraq who
      requested them for his fellow troops. Look at the Operation Toasty
      Toes page on our website for more information and to read his request.

      It has been unseasonably warm here lately, which is nice in many
      respects! Being able to take a walk outside helps combat the winter
      blah's. It also reminds us that a lot of great opportunities for
      learning are coming soon!

      The PURLS OF JOY Seminar is being held in Minneapolis, Minnesota in
      April. This is a knitting machine seminar with classes on machine
      embroidery & digitizing, as well as sessions of interest to hand
      knitters as well. I will post registration info in the "files" section
      soon.

      We have several CAMP opportunities coming up at Rocking Horse Farm.
      We've become known for having "camp-style" experiences for adults who
      need a retreat and want to have fun working with fellow enthusiasts. A
      one-day WINTER WARM-UP KNIT-IN is being held Saturday, February 11.
      Our annual KNITTING CAMP and the SEWING & EMBROIDERY CAMPS will be
      held in July. Regsitration forms are available, space is limited and
      the spots are filling!

      Yesterday was a KNITTING TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE SEMINAR at Rocking Horse
      Farm. I will be posting some new helpful hints for DESIGNA-KNIT users
      soon. We will repeat this seminar one more time, in May 2006. After
      that I hope to develop a "level 2" seminar delving farther into more
      advanced features of the software. We've had many requests for a
      "level 2" hands-on session.

      Carole is currently working on an article about using her spinning
      wheel to ply yarn. Does anyone else do this? It's a great technique to
      combine fibers and colors evenly. Watch for this article in the
      future.

      UPCOMING EVENTS in FEBRURAY at ROCKING HORSE FARM:

      Our big February event is a SILVER TEA on Saturday, February 4th. Tea
      and light refreshments (complimentary, no need to bring anything to
      share this time!) will be served at 1:30pm. We invite all our friends
      to this fun afternoon. After tea, we should have some nice articles to
      show that have been made by customers in the past several months.

      Embroidery Club: Sat. Feb. 4, 10am-noon, free.

      Knitting Club: will be held after the Silver Tea on Feb. 4th.

      WINTER WARM-UP KNIT-IN: bring your machine or needles and knit, knit,
      knit! Saturday, February 11th, $25 registration fee includes lunch.

      Spinning/HandKnitting/Crochet Guild: Tuesday, Feb. 21, 6-9pm, free.

      Until next time, happy knitting & sewing!

      Jason at Carole's