Alpaca fiber events in the upper midwest.

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi group, many of our customers are into Alpaca fiber for knitting &
      spinning. Some of our customers even raise Alpacas! Here are two
      events that are being held to promote Alpaca fiber and items.

      All of this information has been sent to me or copied from a website. if you live out of the areas mentioned, there may be links on the websites listed to similar events in your area.
      JW

      -----------------

      On Oct 1 & 2 38 alpaca farms across Minnesota will be having an
      open house. We've dubbed this event the "Alpacas of Minnesota Farm
      Tour" and it sure is gaining momentum. Many newspapers are already
      listing it and we're on over 200 website calendars. We got listed with
      Explore MN and lots of other sites have picked it up now too. I think
      this is going to be huge! I'd appreciate it if you'd pass this along
      to the folks in your knitting or spinning groups. If you log onto www.
      AlpacasofMN.com we have a complete list of farms, their driving
      directions and a printable map. We hope the fiber folks all over MN
      will take advantage of this event and get out and shop around for
      alpaca fiber. Many shops and farms have lots of beautiful alpaca
      products available for sale.

      ------------------

      ALPACA MATTERS MIDWEST is sponsoring Field Days October 15 & 16, from
      10am-4pm. This event happens at farms in Iowa, Minnesota and
      Wisconsin. "Join us in learning more about alapacas and their
      luxurious fiber. This is the perfect opportunity to visit alpaca farms
      adn explore the possibility of raising these beautiful animals.
      Discover the unique qualities of their premium fiber by attending
      workshops on Basic Alpaca Care, preparing a fleece for processing and
      show, carding, spinning, felting alpaca fiber, jewelry making with
      alpaca fiber, and many more. Vet students from the University of
      Minnesota will be available at some famrs to answer yourhealth related
      questions. Visit www.alpacamatters.com for directions to farms and
      workshop information.