September Seminar recap, and October news

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hello! We have uploaded a couple dozen pictures from the September
      Seminar held last weekend. Look in the "photos" section of the Yahoo
      Group page (you will need to sign in with your password to access this
      page). A full recap of the machine embroidery, knitting and rug
      classes will be written later.

      A quick note to say that of the two demonstrators that were unable to
      attend due to health or personal reasons, we have heard from Joyce
      Anderson and she is doing fine. She is back on the teaching circuit
      already, having taught at a club meeting this week.

      Yarn sales: the Tamm yarns sale during the Seminar has expired. We
      will announce a new yarn sale in a few weeks. Plan to stock up on yarn
      for holiday knitting and charity giving. Keep in mind that yarns are
      not currently listed on our website, consult the new issue of "FIBER
      WORLD" for a full price list and some color charts.

      Sewing/Embroidery Thread: I received an email asking if we stock Fufu
      Thread. We do have a large stock of this thread, and also have some
      Madiera Polyneon in stock. If there are changes in the threads we
      carry, we will be sure to let people know.

      ROCKING HORSE NEWS: the newsletter has been mailed. If you believe you
      didn't receive a copy, please let us know so we can check our
      subscription records. The subscription rate in the US is still $6/1
      year, $10/2 years. This is the same rate we've had for over eleven
      years... (I bet no other publication can say that! heheh) Featured in
      this issue: advertisement for "In the Hoop" Coaster CD for all
      embroidery machines (available in CD form only), listing of new
      knitting pattern books, "Back to Basics" for machine knitters, recipe,
      letters to the editor, product updates for Garter Carriage owners,
      product updates about steaming and blocking equipment, announcement of
      new knitting machine model coming onto the market, Tech Tips, shop
      calendars, pattern for felted slipper socks "FUZZY WUZZY FEET." Single
      issue price is $2.50

      LOCAL NEWS, CLUBS & CLASSES in October, all held at Rocking Horse Farm:

      Machine Embroidery Club meets Saturday, Oct. 1, 10am (free)

      Machine Knitting Club meets Saturday, Oct. 1, 1:30pm (free)

      Fiber Friends (Hand Knitting and Spinning Guild) meets Tuesday, Oct.
      18, 6-9pm (free)

      Antique Circular Sock Machine Knitters of the Upper Midwest & Canada
      meet Saturday, Oct. 15 10-6 (free but bring pot-luck for lunch)

      "Easy Bulky Double Slipper" on any knitting machine Class, Friday,
      Oct. 7, 1:30pm (free but call ahead, 320-252-2996)

      Machine Embroidery Stabilizers and Basic Tips class, Saturday Oct. 8,
      1:30pm (free but call ahead, 320-252-2996)

      Cotton Dishcloths and Afghans on knitting machine Class, Tuesday Oct.
      11th, 1:30pm (free but call ahead, 320-252-2996)

      BLocking and Steaming class for any knits, quilting or sewing
      projects, Saturday October 29th, 1:30pm. (free but call ahead, 320-252-
      2996)

      COMING IN NOVEMBER:

      Needle Felting Workshop, Hands-On: make holiday ornaments or other
      items. Saturday, November 19th, 1:30-4:00. Cost: $10

      We will AGAIN be collecting items for our MITTEN TREES in November and
      December. These items will be distributed locally by food shelves AND
      nationally by the Red Cross. Accepted items include: mittens, hats or
      scarves for children or adults; and baby blankets.

      We have A LOT of new patterns for knit items by Charlene Shafer,
      Marcia Hauser and the Brown Sheep Yarn Company. I will list these next
      time I send a message.

      Happy sewing and knitting!