September Seminar news

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2005
      The embroidery and knitting class schedule has been finalized for the
      September Seminar! I will be posting it as a file to this group soon,
      hopefully tonight. You will be able to see the excellent classes
      offered by Shari Morningstar Zabroski, Jerome Jensen and Barb Kuklok
      ... and the machine knitting sessions given by Joyce Anderson, Marcia
      Hauser, Skip Grettum, Charlene Shafer, Shawn Dolan, Carole Wurst, and
      the others.

      If you are unable to attend this year, I will try to post a collection
      of helpful hints and pictures of the demonstrations exclusively to
      this group... almost as good as being here. Except you miss out on the
      good food. heheh

      I won't be posting a list of the Thursday night Mini-Sessions, so I
      would like to tell you about them here:

      The seminar begins on Thursday evening with registration, marketplace,
      and "Table-Top" Mini-Sessions. Each mini-session will be a short
      demonstration or hands-on craft that you can finish and take. This is
      shaping up to be a fun night. The topics will cover machine knitting,
      embroidery and other fiber crafts. There will be something for
      everyone. Each participant will be able to attend several of the mini-
      sessions on Thursday evening.

      ~~~Planned Mini-Sessions: Scarf Matrix, Charlene Shafer's Afghans,
      hands-on needle felting, Washcloth Sweater (boutique gift item),
      folded paper boxes, porcupine quill jewelry, and more.

      The seminar continues with classes Friday and Saturday, 9-5. The
      seminar is known for it's good food and comfy atmosphere. Inbetween
      classes you are free to wander through the yarn rooms, looks at
      thousands of book & software titles, or relax in the "Secret Garden."

      A new addition to the seminar this year will be a Wagon Wheel Rag Rug
      workshop. This will be conducted by Jan Ebner in the style of the rag
      rugs made long ago on wagon wheels. She will conduct a demonstration
      of the modern adaptation to this, using a round loom she will have for
      sale (Cost is approximately $20.) If you would like to participate in
      this part of the seminar, there is a separate list of supplies to
      bring we will send you upon receipt of your registration. (Please make
      a note to request this info.)