knitting, embroidery designs, yarns, and more. August news from RHF!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2005
      Hello, this is the August message from Carole, Fred and Jason.

      We are busy with preparations for the September Seminar, but more
      about that later...

      During the first week of August the three of us (with help from
      knitting and fiber friends Helen, Skip, Sharon, Jan, and Connie)
      demonstrated knitting and embroidery in the Heritage Building at the
      Benton County Fair. This is the third year that Rocking Horse Farm
      has coordinated the exhibits. Each day during the fair, Carole
      demonstrated knitting machines, Brother Pacesetter Embroidery
      Machines, and antique round sock knitting machines. Jason
      demonstrated on a Silver Reed knitting machine. Other knitters took
      turns knitting "Easy Bulky Double Slippers" for charity (pattern
      available, $6 +shipping). Sharon showed spinning wheels and Jan
      demonstrated the Wagon Wheel Rag Rug she will be teaching at
      September Seminar. The fair ran from August 2-7, so if you tried to
      reach us during that time, you probably had to wait for an answer.

      UPDATE ON Barb's "TRASH BAG" EMBROIDERY DISK:

      This will be available in September. At that point I hope to have
      pictures of the items in the Autumn issue of Rocking Horse News, and
      I can also post them on this group page. Watch for details!

      UPDATE ON KNITTING MACHINES...

      A while ago we mentioned that a bulky knitting machine similar to the
      Brother Bulky Punchcard machine might come on the market. There is no
      further news to report on this. In the meantime, we do have the well-
      liked Silver SK155 bulky punchcard machine, for sale *new in box*
      $899 +shipping. A perfect compliment would be our book THE BULKY BOOK
      with patterns for everything from hats to sweaters, all with a hand-
      knit look.

      UPDATE ON YARNS...

      We received a new shipment of yarns from Brown Sheep TODAY! We have
      practically every color of Lamb's Pride Bulky and Worsted in skeins,
      as well as Naturespun Sport on cones. We also have some Top of the
      Lamb and Naturespun Fingering. Come see the selection, or go to Brown
      Sheep's website to see colors.

      SEPTEMBER SEMINAR...

      I hope to post the class schedules for the machine knitting and
      machine embroidery classes soon. I will send an alert when I do.
      Remember, the "early-bird" discount is scheduled to end on August
      15th....

      AUGUST CLASSES and EVENTS...

      (((Our clubs are always free to attend. If you can't attend, send an
      email about your latest project and it will be shared with the
      group.)))

      Machine Embroidery Club, Saturday August 13, 10am
      Machine Knitting Club, Saturday August 13, 1:30pm
      (after August, those clubs return to the first Saturday of the month.)

      Fiber Friends spinning and hand knitting, Tues. August 16, 6-9pm

      Carole will be demonstrating antique round sock knitting machines at
      the "Forest City Stockade" in Forest City, Minnesota on August 20-21.

      Other events are shown on the store calendar in the Rocking Horse
      News.

      Happy August!