June!!! events, hints, etc.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005
      Hello everyone, here is what we are up to this month. We are
      accepting registrations for knitting camp and Sewing/Embroidery camp.
      Regsitration forms and details are available in the "files" section

      We now have a great stock of Brown Sheep "LAMB's PRIDE" yarn in Bulky
      AND Worsted weights. The yarn comes in many colors and is sold on
      skeins. Great for felting, or fine wool heirloom knits. Knit it by
      hand or use it on your Mid-Gauge or Bulky knitting machines.

      For hand knitters, we have Circular Needles in all sizes provided by
      Skacel. They are nickel-plated and manufactured in Germany. High
      quality! Also, Fred makes large wood knitting needles for heavy and
      novelty yarns. Perfect for the Lamb's Pride Bulky! They are $9/set
      plus shipping. Comparable wooden needles from catalogs sell for $20+.

      Sewing and Embriodery news: Barb and Jerome are busy planning
      EXCELLENT sessions for Camp this July. You will definitely get your
      money's worth. We will be providing a list of things you should bring
      as well as a tentative schedule of project sessions soon. There will
      be a CD of designs you can purchase to do some nice projects. Here is
      a teaser: we will be doing something creative with a pair of old

      An old sewing hint, from the files: When sewing buttons on children's
      clothing, use dental floss and the button will never come off.

      Machine Knitting hoopla: Response to our BULKY BOOK has been
      tremendous. Thank you for the compliments and messages. To know that
      people are actually KNITTING from a book they purchase is a testimony
      in itself. (How many times have you purchased books at seminars and
      not used them??? heheheh) We've seen and heard about a lot of
      projects people are making from our BULKY BOOK. We've sent them all
      over the US, and to Canada. The BULKY BOOK is $20 +shipping.

      Remember to support your local knitting machine dealer. I've seen
      several messages on the "Knitlist" with people asking for dealers.
      It's very easy to go to either the Silver Reed website at

      or the Artisan website at

      and use their "dealer locators" to find dealers in every part of
      North America and Europe. I suppose I could say that our store would
      gladly supply needles, sponge retainer bars, etc for all the people
      that ask, but we WANT you to support your local dealer too.

      Round Sock Knitting Machines: Carole and Fred will be attending the
      North America Convention of Circular Sock Machine collectors and
      users. It is June 26-28 in Midland, Michigan. They will be having a
      vendor table of yarn and knitting supplies (hand and flat knitting
      machines too) as well as felting supplies. The store will be open
      regular hours, Jason is here...

      KNITTING CAMP, June 16-18 at Rocking Horse Farm. Registration Form is
      available in the Rocking Horse News or in the "files" section of the
      yahoo group. Space is limited....

      SEWING & EMBROIDERY CAMP, July 14-16. Registration Form available
      in "files" section.

      ++++++Most readers of this message live many hours away from our
      store... YOU are most welcome to attend these classes and events.
      Most of our events have many attendees from far away... contact us
      for travel info. (Northwest Airlines flies into the Saint Cloud
      Airport approximately 10 minutes away from our site). Hotel info is
      included on the registration form. ;)+++++++++++++

      SEPTEMBER SEMINAR, September 22-24, 2005. Complete class list will be
      posted on our website soon. Registrations now being accepted.

      Embroidery Club, Saturday June 4, 10am
      Machine Knitting Club, Saturday June 4, 1:30pm (demo: AFGHAN CLINIC)
      Hand Knitting & Spinning, Tuesday June 21, 6pm

      Charitable Knitting: remember to do some extra knitting (use up that
      closet yarn stash) for charity.

      Our friend who received a pair of Toasty Toes knit slippers while
      stationed in Korea has informed us of his new address.

      SGT Robert Gallovitch
      K-16, Box 475, Unit # 15427
      APO AP 96202

      Have a good summer, everyone.