May news from the farm

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2005
      Hello, hope everyone is having a nice spring. The Purls of Joy
      Seminar is history for another year, so we are now focusing our
      energy on upcoming summer events. Remember that registration forms
      for Sewing & EMbroidery Camp and Knitting Machine Camp are in this
      yahoo group "file section" (make sure you have logged in to be able
      to access the file section) AND also in the last issue of the Rocking
      Horse News.

      New stuff to know about: We finished several new books and prodcuts
      in time for the last Seminar.

      For owners of Bulky knitting machines, we now have THE BULKY BOOK.
      This is the last book you may ever need for this machine. There are
      tons of patterns, for things ranging from hats and mittens to items
      for the home, to vests and crewneck sweaters. There are great hints
      and technique pages as well. Cost: $20 +2.50s/h.

      MOODS OF INDIGO is a book about the ancient art of dyeing with indigo
      and the processes and history. It includes some ideas for modern
      applications of the ancient patterns. For machine knitters, there is
      a disk of fairisle designs that mimic ancient Asian and African
      fabric patterns that can be knit into sweaters or other items. Cost:
      $15 +2.50 s/h

      Events: DesignaKnit Seminar is May 14th, 10-6. Bring laptop with DAK
      already installed if you want to do hands-on learning. Cost: $25,
      includes lunch and workbook.

      Machine Embroidery: stay tuned for announcements of digitizing
      workshop days and the class list for Camp in July.

      Round Sock Knitting Machines: for those in the Upper Midwest, you are
      invited to join us for our quarterly gathering on Sat. May 21st, 10-
      6, potluck lunch. For readers in other parts of North America, be
      sure to visit us at the National CSMSA (Circular Sock Machine Society
      of America) Convention in Michigan this June. Carole is teaching and
      having a vendor table there.

      Lastly, if you are in Minnesota on Mother's Day weekend and are
      interested in learning about natural fibers, there is a great Sheep
      and Wool Festival in Lino Lakes (inbetween Saint Paul and Stillwater)
      with a lot of vendors and classes. Do an internet search for "Lino
      Lakes Wool" for more info.