reminder about earlybird registration for Knitting Seminar

  • rockinghorsefarmminnesota
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2013

      Just a reminder, registrations made for September Seminar by September 1st can take a discount off the total fee.

      Lots of changes have been made to Yahoo Groups today, so I am going to re-post the Seminar info here to make it easy to find.

      I will make another post very soon when the daily schedule has been finalized.

      ---------

      Carole Wurst's 22nd annual September Seminar & Textile Lab for machine knitters will be held Friday-Saturday Sept. 20-21, 9:30-6 each day.

      Demonstrators:

      Pat Plett

      Carole Wurst

      Joyce Hirning
      ...and several other expert machine knitters. A total of 8 excellent demonstrators.

      We have an excellent list of demonstrations planned, including:

      - Seamless Socks

      - Knitting on the LK150

      - Professional Finishing

      - Knitting Large Sizes on the Machine

      - Beginner and Advanced Ribber Work

      - Double E-Wrap Cast-on

      - Kitchener Stitch and Invisible Seams

      - Basic Beginner Class, hands-on (use our machines)

      - G-Carriage Workshop

      - Fashion Scarves & Accessories

      - Trims for Skirts and More

      - DesignaKnit software Workshop

      - Garment Shaping with DesignaKnit by Pat Plett (hands-on, bring laptop)

      - DesignaKnit Stitch Designer & Uploading to the Machine by J. Wurst (hands-on, bring laptop)

      - Quilting on the Passap

      There will be something of interest to everyone during every class hour. Classes are different both days.

      A separate Passap classroom will again be available for the entire seminar. Other classes will be conducted on Silver Reed, Singer, Studio, Brother, KnitKing, Elna and Toyota knitting machines.

      Again this year a TEXTILE LAB will be set up where you can experience the following:

      Rust Dyeing

      Shibori Scarf

      Dyeing using real Japanese Indigo Plants (demo only)

      Hands-on Yarn Burn Test

      Yarn Identification (Bring Mystery Yarn!)

      Make-and-Take Projects

      BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND: "5 and 10 Sale" on Saturday!
      Browse through the $5, $10, and $50 sale boxes containing: Yarn, Pattern Books, Garter Bars, Transfer Carriages, Knitleaders, and more.

      CONTEST THEME: "Everything Old is New Again"

      Prizes awarded for best use of old garment or vintage yarn, best use of old pattern made in a contemporary way, and more. Winners announced Saturday. Need not be present at seminar to participate, contact us for info about mailing items for contest.

      Registration info:

      $89 Registration ($79 before September 1st)

      or $55 Single Day ($45 before September 1st)

      Registration includes classes, meals, seminar book and DAK cd, caviar reception and style show, vendor sales, and more.

      ------------Clip and Send (or register online using paypal)------------------------------------------

      NAME:

      ADDRESS:

      PHONE/EMAIL:

      Please inform us of any diet requirements or special needs.

      Please make checks payable to Carole Wurst.

      Mail to: Rocking Horse Farm, 25636 County Road 74, Saint Cloud, Minnesota 56301-9293