summer knitting & fiber art news

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2013
      1) YARN SALE & NEW MACHINE KNITTING PATTERNS
      2) SEPTEMBER SEMINAR
      3) CONTEST FOR MACHINE KNITTERS
      4) EXHIBITING AT STATE AND COUNTY FAIRS
      5) NEW YOUTUBE VIDEO
      6) ROCKING HORSE FARM'S UPCOMING EVENTS

      1) YARN SALE & NEW MACHINE KNITTING PATTERNS

      The following yarns are on sale until the end of July:

      TAMM SPORT, 1 pound cone $19.45

      TAMM CAN CUN, 1 pound cone $21.95

      TAMM RAYITO, 1 pound cone $20.00

      All three are excellent for summer projects: machine knit, handknit, or crochet. One of our customers even likes Tamm Rayito for all of her plastic canvas crafts. Buying a 1 pound cone (over 2000+ yards) means fewer ends to tie and fewer dye lots to match.

      CRAFTY IDEAS 2012 by Charlene Shafer is now available, book and disk. Lots of new projects for gifts and bazaar/craft sales.

      KNITTING WITH THE LIGHTS OFF by Billie Hall is back in stock, this is the 2013 edition. A must-have book for Passap knitters.

      SOCK BLANKS booklet by Carole Wurst, new booklet with dyeing instructions, helpful hints, and patterns.

      2) SEPTEMBER SEMINAR

      Save the date for Carole Wurst's 22nd annual SEPTEMBER SEMINAR for MACHINE KNITERS.

      Fri-Sat Sept 20-21, 2013

      Excellent demonstrators
      Passap classes
      Ribber classes
      Textile Lab projects, hands-on

      Low cost registration fee includes lunches, booklet handouts, classes, coupon sheet, special Saturday sales, and more.

      Registration form available in the ROCKING HORSE NEWS or email our shop for an electronic version.

      3) CONTEST FOR MACHINE KNITTERS

      Machine knit entries are welcome for the contest "Everything Old is New Again."

      Items will be judged for creative adaptation of old pattern, re-use of old yarn/fiber, or reinvention of long-forgotten technique or style.

      Entries will be accepted until September 20 and will be on public display during the SEPTEMBER SEMINAR. Prizes will be awarded on September 21st. Need not be present at Seminar to participate, but contact us to make arrangements for return shipping of your entry.

      4) EXHIBITING AT COUNTY FAIRS

      Don't forget to promote your fiber craft or knitting hobby by exhibiting at State and County Fairs!

      Many fairs have categories for diverse things such as felting, spinning, knitting with self-spun yarn, crochet, machine knitting, or even machine knit/handknit combo!

      Do a google search for your local county, province or state and see if you can find a fair that accepts "open class" exhibits.

      We've prepared a list of Upper Midwest fairs that accept machine knitting entries, if you would like a pdf copy email our store.

      5) NEW YOUTUBE VIDEO

      Our latest new Youtube video is something that was demonstrated at Camp. This video will show how to complete the side casings on the Cotton "Think Green" Market Bag.

      Watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT5xsTqUXtE

      6) ROCKING HORSE FARM'S UPCOMING EVENTS

      Here is our calendar. Remember that if you are out of our area, plan a trip to visit us sometime. It will be worth your trip!

      Saturday JULY 6 KNIT CLUB - ST. CLOUD, MN (Rocking Horse Farm)

      1:30-4:00

      FREE, no registration required

      Demo by Carole. Bring show-and-tell and a snack to share (optional).

      Fri-Sat JULY 12-13 KNITTING MACHINE CAMP - SESSION II - ST. CLOUD, MN (Rocking Horse Farm)

      10:00-6:00 each day

      $49 fee, bring machine with all parts labeled

      Instructors/helpers on hand, plus Fred who will be here to clean/fix/adjust machines

      Topics planned: Cotton Market Bag knit-a-long, Teddy Bear or Doll knit-a-long, Lace Socks, and more

      Contact our store to register or see the registration form in the ROCKING HORSE NEWS.

      Saturday JULY 20 SUMMER SOCK MACHINE DAY - ST. CLOUD, MN (Rocking Horse Farm)

      10-6

      FREE, no registration required

      No class or demo, just a day to knit with Carole. Bring any working sock machine (or call ahead to use one of Carole's).
      Lunch is potluck/bag lunch.

      Friday-Saturday SEPT 20-21

      SEPTEMBER SEMINAR

      ST. CLOUD, MN (Rocking Horse Farm)

      10-6 each day

      $89 registration fee, includes classes, luncheons, fellowship with other machine knitters, hands-on textile lab opportunity, sales, and more.

      WHERE TO FIND US:

      CAROLE'S COUNTRY KNITS at ROCKING HORSE FARM

      25636 County Road 74
      Saint Cloud, Minnesota 56301-9293 USA
      ~~~ Serving "Friendly Fiber Artists" since 1978! ~~~

      phone 320-252-2996

      Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 10-6 (Central Time Zone)
      Discover/MasterCard/Visa, Check/Money Order or Paypal accepted

      website: http://home.earthlink.net/~rhfarm

      Yahoo Group:

      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocking-Horse-Farm/229565593343

      Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/carolescountryknits