knitting and spinning holiday - January 5th

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2013
      This weekend marks Saint Distaff's Day, the traditional holiday for spinners and knitters. Clubs and Guilds around the world are hosting events to mark the holiday. A listing of events in many states, Canada and England can be found here:

      http://www.ravelry.com/groups/saint-distaffs-day

      There is also an explanation of the history of the day at that site.

      ------------

      We are celebrating at Rocking Horse Farm with a party & spinning circle on Saturday.

      *Saint Distaff's Day at Rocking Horse Farm*

      Saturday Jan. 5
      10-6

      Bring a spinning wheel and join the spinning circle
      or bring handknitting and knit with other knitters

      Bring a bag lunch and leftover Christmas Cookies to share

      ------------
      SAINT DISTAFF DAY EVENTS AROUND THE WORLD

      If you participate in Saint Distaff Day events in other places, the Ravelry group linked above is looking for information and pictures.

      ------------
      RUSSIAN JOIN for YARN

      We've been talking about this method of joining yarns recently at the shop. Here is a link shared from Donna Peters' Country Rain website that shows an example:

      http://www.knittinganyway.com/freethings/russianjoin.htm

      This is a great technique for knitters, crocheters and anyone who works with yarn.

      -----------
      HAPPY NEW YEAR

      We wish all of our knitting and fiber art friends a Happy New Year, and fewer dropped stitches in 2013.

      We hope to see many of you at Rocking Horse Farm in the new year. Keep Rocking Horse Farm in your travel plans!

      January 7 - Saint Distaff Day event, free, 10-6
      January 19 - CSM Sock Knitting Machine Gathering, free, 10-6

      February 2 - Silver Tea & Knit Show, free, 1:30-4:00
      February 15-16 - Winter Knit-In (bring machines) registration required

      May 19 - CSM Sock Knitting Machine Gathering, free, 10-6

      June 13-16 - Knit Camp (bring machines) registration required

      Sept. 20-21 - September Seminar, registration required

      *Knit Club meets the first Saturday of every month (2nd Sat. in Oct, Nov, Dec) at 1:30, free.