December knit & fiber news - Customer Appreciation Day Dec. 8th

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2012
      Our annual CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAY is Saturday, December 8th.

      If you live near our store, join us for a Christmas Party on Saturday afternoon. A light lunch will be served noon-1pm, compliments of Rocking Horse Farm.

      This will be followed by a yarn game, door prizes, in-store special sales, and fellowship with other handknitters and machine knitters.

      Carole will do a short demo at 1:30 to get everyone ready to finish all their holiday knitting.

      Bring a Mitten Tree donation and an item for show-and-tell (both optional).

      See the unveiling of the new "Christmas Patchwork Afghan" design. Yarn and patterns will be available for purchase for this project.

      For those who can't attend in person, all orders placed by phone 320-252-2996 or email on Saturday Dec. 8th will receive a FREE GIFT: pattern and/or seaming needle.

      Check out the list of the knitting - spinning - felting magazines listed in the last email. Many of them are still available.

      We are accepting hats, mittens, scarves, baby booties and preemie items for our annual MITTEN TREE PROJECT until after Christmas. They will decorate our in-store trees until our Saint Distaff's Day party on January 5th, then they will be distributed locally and nationally by the Second Harvest network of foodshelves.

      CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEAS

      We sell a lot of Gift Certificates at this time every year...

      Every knitter can use some extra Double Eyed seaming needles or other small tools and gadgets...

      Pick-a-Stitch cd's have 130 handknitting stitches, edges, trims and cables to learn at a very inexpensive price ($17.95)

      *NEW* *NEW* *NEW*

      PAINTING WITH FIBER kits are brand new gift ideas. Each kit comes in a stylish gift bag, with a knit fabric template designed by Jason and knit at Rocking Horse Farm, brightly colored fiber, felting needle, and project instructions to create a personalized piece of fiber art. Use the same template over and over to make new colorful pictures. Mount on the wall or use as a tabletop centerpiece.

      It's like having a coloring book for people who love yarn instead of crayons!

      Painting with Fiber kits:
      Christmas Tree kit $18.00
      Horse kit $18.00
      Kitten with yarn ball kit $18.00

      Special for Yahoo Group members: buy 2 kits for $30 (offer good through December 15)