November Knitting & Fiber News

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2012
      1) ROCKING HORSE NEWS AUTUMN ISSUE
      2) FREE PATTERN DOWNLOAD
      3) CHRISTMAS NEEDLE FELTING, and EVENTS CALENDAR
      4) NEW PATTERNS
      5) AUTUMN SALE
      6) BLACK FRIDAY
      7) BOBBIN HINT

      -------------------------------
      1) ROCKING HORSE FARM AUTUMN ISSUE

      The Autumn Issue (#70) has been sent via First Class Mail to all paid subscribers. (It is not available electronically, only in print form.)

      Knitting Machine Patterns include: Triangular Shawl using lightweight yarn on the bulky machine, Patriotic Stocking Hat (perfect for Election Day), Floral Collar, Round baby blanket or lap throw on Mid-Gauge machine, Ruffled Scarves.

      Techniques include: Automatic Fringe on the knitting machine, Organic Color Transfer.

      Recipe Corner: Spiced Pumpkin Bread.

      New subscribers still accepted, $8.95 per year to US addresses. We also have subscribers in other countries, contact us for rates. OR, you can purchase this single issue for $3.95 (includes postage in USA).

      **NOTE to our subscribers on the East Coast: if delivery of your Rocking Horse News is affected by Hurricane Sandy, please let us know and we can mail a replacement.

      **NOTE to everyone else: please keep your fellow knitters who may be affected by the storm in your thoughts. We have subscribers in New Jersey, on Long Island, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and other states in the Hurricane's path.

      ------------------------------
      2) FREE PATTERN DOWNLOAD

      Current paid subscribers can receive a free pattern download of the DesignaKnit file for the "Patriotic Hat" in the current issue, Knittery card #Bunting. Send an email request to rhfarm@... to receive the pattern file.

      (You must own DesignaKnit software to open the file.)

      -------------------------------
      3) CHRISTMAS NEEDLE FELTING, and EVENTS CALENDAR

      CHRISTMAS NEEDLE FELTING CLASS: Thursday Nov. 1, 1:30pm. Cost for materials: $5. Make a Christmas item to take home, and see lots of project ideas that you can make quickly and easily in time for Christmas. These include decorations and gift ideas.
      If you miss this class on November 1st, it will be repeated again on December 20th.

      NOVEMBER KNIT CLUB: Sat. August 10, 1:30pm. *Notice the date change* Demo: TBA. Bring show-and-tell and any questions about knitting.

      FIBER FRIENDS: Tuesday November 20, 6-9pm. Bring spinning, handknitting, crochet or other project to work on.

      HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE & CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAY: Sat. December 8, 1:30-3:30. Light lunch provided at noon. Bring Show-and-Tell and something to donate to the Mitten Tree (Hats, Scarves, or Mittens). Games, Door Prizes, Fun, Fun, Fun.

      OTHER CLASSES at the store:

      FASHION SCARVES ON THE KNITTING MACHINE: Nov. 15, 1:30pm. Free, call ahead to register.

      KNITWEAR FOR CHILDREN: Nov. 28, 1:30pm. Free, call ahead to register.

      Classes are always listed in the ROCKING HORSE NEWS. Also, Carole's schedule of teaching at seminars across the country. She is currently scheduling knitting machine seminar dates for 2013.

      -------------------------------
      4) NEW PATTERNS

      FIBER WORLD #21, $15.00 (paid subscribers can take $5 off)
      This year's September Seminar book, contains 20 patterns for hats, scarves, garments and more. Helpful hints on changing needles and machine knit trims.

      CHILD'S ALL-IN-ONE SWEATER, $6.00
      Easy and quick sideways knit pattern for the standard knitting machine

      MODERN ROUND YOKES, $8.00
      Brother/KnitKing disk for 930 machines and up, $5.00
      DAK CD/E-book, can be available if requested
      The stitch designs on the disks are contemporary and bring the round yoke style into the current decade.
      The yoke can be continued as a sweater or turned into a sweathshirt cardigan, as shown in the Summer issue of the ROCKING HORSE NEWS.

      --------------------------------
      5) KNITTING MAGAZINE & AUTUMN SALE

      MACHINE KNIT MONTHLY *Buy 2 or more and take $1 off each*

      May Issue (only 1 left!), $9.99
      June Issue (only 1 left!), $9.99
      July Issue, $9.99
      August Issue, $9.99
      September Issue, $9.99
      October Issue, sold out.
      November Issue, $9.99

      OVERSTOCK PATTERN SALE:
      THE ELIZABETH VEST $8 +s/h, a tuck stitch vest on a standard knitting machine, still a new pattern from just a few months ago but we have several copies with a black-and-white cover instead of color: **HALF PRICE** $4 +s/h.

      Disk for above: use any tuck pattern or VERSATILITY TUCK disk ($5 if purchased separately).

      HANDKNIT PATTERN: Vest with Cable Edge, using Brown Sheep Lambs Pride and Wildfoote, sizes 38.5 to 52 inches. $3.99

      OVERSTOCK YARN SALE:

      We ordered too many cones of white Cotton Tale 8. Take $2 off each cone, while supplies last.

      6) BLACK FRIDAY

      Yes, we jumped on the bandwagon and have a special sale on the day after Thanksgiving. We tried it the last two years and have been surprised at how many people showed up.
      Take a break from the hectic shopping day, come have a cup of coffee and sit for awhile. We will have special yarn sales (skeins nad cones) and some last minute surprise book sales. Or, come pick up a Gift Certificate for your knitting friends.
      We will post more info about this Black Friday sale as the time approaches.

      6) BOBBIN HINT

      Those of you who have been to the store in the last few months have noticed a dish of plastic tabs near the cash register, with the sign "Lily Chin's Yarn Holders." Lily is a famous handknitting teacher (who also machine knits, by the way...) who recommend these in her classes. We have recently been using these devices to store ravel cords. And what are they, you might be asking? They are the plastic closures on the bags when you buy a loaf of bread. They make handy bobbins!