April news

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 7:25 PM
      Hello, welcome to spring. Carole is currently in Kansas City
      attending the Silver Reed knitting machine Dealer Meeting, after
      which she is a featured demonstrator at the Mid America Knitting
      Seminar. She is teaching felting (hot & cold bath), needle felting
      (dry), knitting tuck stitch garments, G Carriage knitting machine
      attachment, and other classes. If you are not in the central US to
      attend this seminar, you can see Carole teach at other upcoming
      events in the US. More about that later.

      EMBROIDERY NEWS------------------------------------------------
      Creative Machine Embroidery has several free downloads for
      subscribers at their website

      http://www.cmemag.com/offers.htm

      Choose from these and others:

      "Delicate Accents" Free Download
      Add lace accents to a breezy summer blouse with this free Battenburg-
      lace inspired download. Offer expires July 15, 2005.

      "Stripe Zone" Free Downloads
      We've brightened a pretty pillow sham with these three outline
      quilting motifs. What will you make with these free downloads? Offer
      expires July 15, 2005.

      If you haven't done these downloads before, read the helpful article
      about downloading zip files on the same CME page.

      KNITTING NEWS------------------------------------------------

      Hopefully everyone had a chance to make some nice garments for Spring
      holidays. People at knit club are busy making Poncho's in spring
      colors. At last Knit Club, Carole demonstrated the tuck stitch poncho
      from her book "Sensational Shawls." She will repeat this class at the
      Mid America seminar in Kansas City and at the Purls of Joy Seminar on
      April 29-30.

      New Pattern Books: We are working on two new books that should be
      ready by the end of Spring. One is a collection of patterns for Bulky
      9mm knitting machines. Check for info in the next issue of the
      ROCKING HORSE NEWS.

      HAND KNITTING NEEDLES: Fred has been spending time in his workshop
      crafting wooden knitting needles to use with heavy or novelty yarns.
      They are selling for $9/set. Call or stop by for info.

      We have a "4-H Project Day" event here on May 1st and someone will be
      giving free hands-on demonstrations to anyone. Last year we had
      several youngsters and adults take this class and report that they
      are still knitting.

      UPCOMING EVENTS at ROCKING HORSE FARM:

      Embird Embroidery Workshop, Saturday April 16, bring laptop. Register
      ahead.

      Fiber Friends spinning, Tuesday April 19, 6-9pm. Free, no
      registration required.

      We are closed on April 28-30 because we are all teaching at the Purls
      of Joy Seminar in Moundsview, Minnesota.

      Community Open House/4-H Project Day event: Sunday, May 1, 1-3pm. The
      public is invited to participate in classes about knitting, sewing,
      embroidery, forestry, cooking, woodworking, and other topics. Live
      ALPACAS will be on hand.

      Embroidery Club: Saturday, May 7, 10am.
      Machine Knitting Club: Saturday, May 7, 1:30pm.
      DesignaKnit knitting software Seminar: Saturday, May 14 10-6.
      Antique Round Sock Machine gathering: Saturday, May 21 10-6.
      Knitting Camp: June 16-18.
      Sewing & Embroidery Camp: July 14-16.
      September Seminar for Fiber Artists: September 22-24.

      INTERNATIONAL EVENTS we are participating in:

      Visit the ROCKING HORSE FARM booth at the Mid America Knitting
      Extravaganza in Kansas City (April 8-9), Purls of Joy Knitting &
      Embroidery Seminar in the Twin Cities of Minnesota (April 29-30), and
      the Circular Sock Machine of America Conference in Michigan (June 26-
      28).