January knitting and fiber news

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2012
      Happy January! This is a wonderful time of year for knits.

      1) KNITTING GROUP VISIT
      2) SOCK MACHINE GATHERING
      3) ROCKING HORSE NEWS WINTER ISSUE
      4) JANUARY SALES
      5) UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROCKING HORSE FARM
      6) LINK: WHAT'S NEW ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
      7) ARTISTIC SIDEWAYS KNIT JACKET
      ------------------
      1) KNITTING GROUP VISIT

      We had a very enjoyable morning today with a visiting group of handknitters who had never been to the store before. We showed some unique yarns we have in stock, such as Mermaid (with seaweed fiber), HPKY (handpaint) yarns, Ready to Dye yarns, Italian Mousse, and Marathon sock yarns. Afterwards, everyone had the opportunity to try needle felting.

      If you have a group that would like to schedule a visit or tour, feel free to contact our store. We love hosting groups! We can also recommend restaurants or lodging for guests who visit from long distances.

      ------------------
      2) SOCK MACHINE GATHERING

      The annual Winter CSM Sock Machine Gathering at Rocking Horse Farm is here! Come join us for a fun time, Saturday January 21st from 10-6.

      Past gatherings have included knitters of all skill levels using many brands of vintage or modern circular sock machines. Deb Oswald will be teaching a new sock pattern and Pete Oswald will be on hand to teach machine cleaning and repairs.

      This event is free. We start around 10am and can continue until 6pm. Lunch is potluck.

      After this event, the annual Spring CSM Gathering at Rocking Horse Farm will be held on in May.

      ------------------
      3) ROCKING HORSE NEWS

      The winter issue of the ROCKING HORSE NEWS hasn't been mailed yet but should go out within a few days. The theme of this issue is "BACK TO BASICS" and the featured patterns are simple projects that a beginner can do.

      Paid subscribers can take advantage of a special offer for $5 off a pattern book. Details will be on page 3.

      ------------------
      4) JANUARY SALES

      Look in the "files" section of this Yahoo Group for a brand new folder called "2012 CURRENT KNITTING SALES." It contains a list of all the used Brother, Passap, Studio, and Silver Reed knitting machines we currently have available. We have around 20 pre-owned knitting machines and ribbers available at reduced prices.

      We are including a FREE KNITLEADER with purchase of any used Brother or KnitKing knitting machine, while supplies last.

      Tamm Estilo acrylic yarn on 1 pound cones, for knitting machines, crochet, or handknitting, is $17.00 instead of $23.95.

      All Floriani embroidery machine threads are $2.50 each when buying 10 or more.

      More in-store sales will be announced during the Knit Club program at 1:30.

      ------------------
      5) UPCOMING CLASSES and EVENTS at ROCKING HORSE FARM:

      CSM Sock Knitting Gathering, Sat. Jan. 21st 10-6

      Silver Tea and Style Show: Sat. Feb. 4th 1:30-4:00
      Bring a knit item to show. This year's theme is "Stripes."

      Winter Knit-In: Friday-Saturday Feb. 17-18
      Sit-and-knit with others! Registration form can be found in the Rocking Horse News or in the 'files' section of this Yahoo Group.

      ------------------
      6) JANUARY SALES

      Have you "liked" our Facebook page? We try to keep it fun and interesting with pictures of new patterns and events from our store. Recently we've posted pictures of Fred making Sock Sizers, pictures of spinning at our St. Distaff Day event, and the new sock yarn by Kaffe Fassett.

      If you already belong to Facebook, "like" our page here:

      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocking-Horse-Farm/229565593343

      If you don't belong to Facebook but want to see the latest pictures anyway, click in the next paragraph.

      6) ARTISTIC SIDEWAYS KNIT JACKET

      An emailer requested pictures of this pattern by Carole so we just created a new album for it on Facebook. Here is a link you can click to see the pictures. It will work even if you don't have a Facebook account:

      http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150484453238344.352564.229565593343&type=1&l=b470b326b7

      The pattern is written for any Mid-Gauge Knitting Machine using worsted weight yarn like Lamb's Pride or Universal Deluxe Worsted Magic. Pattern, $8 +s/h. (Priority Mail to US addresses, 5.49)