Knitting and Stitching for Charity: Mitten Tree and more...

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2011
      KNITTING and STITCHING FOR CHARITY

      We are accepting donations of items for our Mitten Trees. Everyone who contributes receives a dated ornament with a picture of a mitten. You can see pictures of the current trees here:

      Here is some more information about the Mitten Tree and our other charitable projects:

      MITTEN TREE PROJECT
      Each year Rocking Horse Farm decorates a number of holiday trees with hats, mittens, scarves and other children's items that have been donated by our customers and friends. The trees are on display from November to January but collection continues all year. After the holiday season, all items are given to a an organization that distributes them within a network of foodshelves and emergency aid organizations both locally and abroad. Since decorating our first MITTEN TREE in 1991 we have collected and donated over ten thousand items for deserving persons.

      SHEILA'S SHAWLS
      Our store is a collection site for shawls or scarves that handknitters, machine knitters and crocheters wish to contribute to this national program. Each item is lovingly given to an individual who has been affected by domestic violence. Any shawl or scarf pattern is suitable.

      OPERATION TOASTY TOES
      A local chapter of this group collects slippers or slipper-socks for shipment to active overseas service personnel. If you have participated in Toasty Toes in the past but your local or state chapter has disbanded, feel free to contact us about donations.

      Rocking Horse Farm accepts: yarn, knitting machines and equipment, small looms, working sewing machines and most other fiber-related articles for use with our charitable programs: Operation Toasty Toes, Sheila's Shawls, the Mitten Tree, or 4-H Community Pride projects.

      Items can be brought to the store during regular business hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10-6) or shipped (Please warn us before sending large parcels!) directly to this address:

      ROCKING HORSE FARM
      25636 County Road 74
      Saint Cloud, Minnesota USA 56301-9293