Yarn Sale, DAK8 and October Knitting & Fiber News

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2011
      1) OCTOBER YARN SALE
      2) DESIGNAKNIT 8 UPGRADE
      3) SOCK KNITTING TIP
      4) KNITTING SEMINARS IN YOUR AREA
      5) UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROCKING HORSE FARM
      6) RAVELRY GROUP - SEPTEMBER SEMINAR, DAY BY DAY
      7) SEPTEMBER SEMINAR PICS ON FACEBOOK

      1) YARN SALE

      The following TAMM yarns on 1 pound cones for machine knitting, hand knitting or crochet are on sale until October 31st at our store:

      *RAYITO* is a 3/15 dress yarn, 73% acrylic - 27% nylon. Suitable for sweaters and baby clothes. 2,281 yards on 1 pound cone, 22 colors
      (regular price $21.75) sale price $20.00
      color chart here:

      http://www.knitknackshop.com/Tamm-Carts/Tamm/3200.htm

      *KITTY* is a 2/14 dress yarn, 100% acrylic. Soft to the touch. Great for sweaters and baby items. Double strand works well on garter carriage. 3,346 yards on 1 pound cone, 29 colors
      (regular price $19.00) sale price $17.50
      color chart here:

      http://www.knitknackshop.com/Tamm-Carts/Tamm/1600.htm

      *ESTILO* is a 2/14 dress yarn, 60% acrylic - 40% nylon. 3,670 yards on 1 pound cone, 30 colors
      (regular price $23.95) sale price $17.00
      color chart here:

      http://www.knitknackshop.com/Tamm-Carts/Tamm/3100.htm

      The TAMM company is still offering several over-stock colors of Diamante for $12.00 and we are honoring that sale. We honor all TAMM company sales in our store.

      *KAFFE FASSETT SOCK YARN* by Regia is now in stock. Kaffe Fassett is a
      world-famous handknitter and designer. Each 125m/50g Ball - $7.95 (Regular price $8.95+) Needles: 3 - 4, 22 sts x 30 rows. Also works well on knitting machine or CSM (sock machine). This yarn was a hit at our YARNOVER booth and at our Weaver's Guild booth.

      Closeout: visit our store to see a selection of Brown Sheep Lambs Pride, Cotton Fleece and Cotton Fine in discontinued colors, marked down $$$$. This is excellent sock yarn for handknit, sock machine, or regular knitting machine.

      2) DESIGNAKNIT 8 UPGRADE

      IT'S HERE!
      DAK 8 IS HERE!

      Earlier today I sent out an announcement in this group saying "a new file has been uploaded to your group." This is the OFFICIAL order form to upgrade your existing DesignaKnit software (versions 5-7) to the NEW AND IMPROVED DAK8.

      There are LOTS of options for upgrades, including handknitting options. The order form asks you which version of the program you are upgrading. If you don't remember which version you have, let us know and if you purchased it from our store we will be able to tell you which version you have.

      3) SOCK KNITTING HINT

      When knitting Carole's "No-Shape Slipper Sock" with a different color for the heel and toe, she suggests this hint during her class...

      "The pattern tells you to knit 12 rows for the toe. If you are doing the toe in a different color than the sole of the sock, you will want an end on each side of the toe for seaming. So instead of doing 12 rows and ending with the carriage on the same side you started on, do a 13th row and break the yarn allowing a yarn end on both sides of the toe. That extra row won't alter the size and it is easier than having to locate a small piece of yarn to do the seam."

      We have recently revised and updated the book that contains the No-Shape sock patterns, order your copy today! SOCKS FOR ALL SEASONS is $12 +s/h and includes No-Shape socks on standard, mid and bulky machines, tube socks, lace socks, slouch socks, and worsted weight socks.

      4) SEMINARS IN YOUR AREA

      Carole Wurst is teaching at several national seminars this month, come spend time with Carole in the following cities:

      Seminar in Germantown, Wisconsin - October 15, 2011

      Seminar in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas - October 29-30, 2011

      5) UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROCKING HORSE FARM

      *We host several monthly clubs and classes, and other annual events*

      Knit Club, first Saturday of each month, 1:30pm (free, all invited)
      Demonstration & Show and Tell

      Fiber Friends, 6-9pm (free, all invited) knit/crochet/spin/felt/etc.
      on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Bring a project to work on.

      CSMSA Sock Machine Gathering, Saturday Oct. 22, 10-6 (free, potluck lunch)

      6) RAVELRY GROUP

      Rocking Horse Farm has a RAVELRY group! Join today to hear about the latest fiber adventures from Rocking Horse Farm. We also plan to post pictures of recent projects and new patterns.

      This year a day-by-day update from the September Seminar was posted in our Ravelry group instead of here as it was in previous years.

      Find our Ravelry group here:

      http://www.ravelry.com/groups/rocking-horse-farm

      (You will be asked to make a ravelry profile if you aren't already a member of the ravelry.com site!)

      7) SEPTEMBER SEMINAR PICS ON FACEBOOK

      Check our Facebook page for pictures from this year's SEPTEMBER SEMINAR:

      http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150276793818344.320730.229565593343&type=1&l=920521a03c