big news, DesignaKnit 8 is coming!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2011
      Sorry to make so many posts in one day, but this just couldn't wait.

      We received info today about the long-awaited DAK8 upgrade and it is chock full of great stuff. DesignaKnit (or DAK) is a program we have used and demonstrated for many years, to machine knitters and handknitters who like the garment shaping and sizing features, stitch designing, and interactive knitting.

      DAK 8 will have four versions:

      1. DAK 8 Machine Standard - An upgrade for DAK 7 Standard

      2. DAK 8 Machine Pro- An upgrade for DAK 7 Pro

      3. DAK 8 Handknit - Complete design & charting system for the handknitter

      4. DAK 8 Complete- An upgrade for DAK 7 + the New Handknit version

      ...I am guessing we will be helping most of our customers upgrade to the DAK8 Complete version...

      I've uploaded a fact sheet in this group's FILES section detailing some of the new added features in DAK8. They include easier thumbnail viewing, updates to original pattern drafting, and a cable organizer. Also, the WOOLBOX (which caused some people headaches in DAK7) is being replaced by a Yarn Color Organizer.

      Best of all, DAK8 will be compatible with modern Operating Systems.

      Here is a link to find the new fact sheet:

      This is very exciting news. We haven't received any information about pricing yet, so stay tuned for details in the future.