July knitting and fiber news, Ready to Dye yarns, and more

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2011
      1) UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROCKING HORSE FARM
      2) ERLBACHER GEARHART SOCK MACHINE NEWS
      3) NEW RAVELRY GROUP
      4) YARN SALE
      5) READY TO DYE COLLECTION YARNS

      1) UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROCKING HORSE FARM

      Yes, we are still have knit club and embroidery club on the first Saturday in July, even though it is the 4th of July weekend. If you are in the area, please attend!

      Machine Embroidery Club, first Saturday of each month, 10am (free, all invited) Next: July 2nd

      Knit Club, first Saturday of each month, 1:30pm (free, all invited)
      Demonstration, Show and Tell, refreshments. Next: July 2nd. Demonstration by Carole: "Summer Cotton Knits"

      Fiber Friends, third Tuesday 6-9pm (knit/crochet/spin/felt/etc.) is off for the summer.

      Knitting Camp at Rocking Horse Farm (registration form is in "files" section of this yahoo group, or in our Ravelry group, and on our Facebook page) - July 21-23

      September Seminar with Marcia Hauser, Carole Wurst, Florann "Skip" Grettum, Shawn Dolan & other demonstrators at Rocking Horse Farm (registration form is in "files" section of this yahoo group, or in our Ravelry group, and on our Facebook page) - September 15-17, 2011

      2) ERLBACHER GEARHART SOCK MACHINE

      We are anxiously awaiting shipment of the first batch of these new round sock knitting machines to arrive. We are told that they were displayed at the annual CSMSA (Circular Sock Machine Society of America) conference last weekend and were a big hit.

      We still have prototype machine #18 at the store for people to try. Call ahead to schedule a time.

      ***Don't miss the opportunity to meet PeeWee in person! Peewee Erlbacher says he is planning to attend the September Seminar this year. Don't miss the opportunity to come and meet the man to engineer and manufacture the first knitting machines in America for many decades!

      3) NEW RAVELRY GROUP

      Ravelry is an online community of knitters, crocheters and fiber enthusiasts who want to meet new friends and share ideas.

      Rocking Horse Farm now has a RAVELRY group! Join today to hear about the latest fiber adventures from Rocking Horse Farm. We also plan to post pictures of recent projects and new patterns.

      Don't worry, this Yahoo Group won't be going away... but we want to reach out to new friends at Ravelry, too.

      Find our Ravelry group here:

      http://www.ravelry.com/groups/rocking-horse-farm

      (You will be asked to make a ravelry profile if you aren't already a member of the ravelry.com site!)

      4) YARN SALE

      The following Tamm yarns are on sale until Saturday, July 2nd (knit club day):

      Tamm Sport 2/7, sale price $18.20 for 1 pound cone
      Tamm Cristal, sale price $17.30 for 1 pound cone
      Tamm Estilo, sale price $17.00 for 1 pound cone

      4) NEW YARNS IN THE STORE: READY TO DYE COLLECTION

      We are very excited about this yarn! We now stock the "READY TO DYE" COLLECTION from Universal Yarns. These are sock weight skein yarns in a natural color, imported from Europe. Suitable for any of your favorite dye methods.

      READY TO DYE Wool/Nylon, sock weight
      75% superwash wool, 25% nylon
      (machine washable)
      3.5 ounces/437 yards $7.99/skein

      READY TO DYE Bamboo/Merino Wool/Nylon, sock weight
      50% superwash merino wool, 25% bamboo, 25% nylon
      (machine washable)
      3.5 ounces/459 yards $9.50/skein

      We will be using these yarns for the Dye project during Knitting Camp in a few weeks.

      Hope everyone enjoys the summer holidays. Happy Canada Day (July 1) to our friends north of the border, and Happy 4th of July to our American readers.