link to free Baseball Socks pattern (handknit)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2011
      Check out these handknit socks with baseball logos and pinstripes. Free pattern below:

      http://craftzine.com/extras/113.html

      In other news, we have just unpacked from the Shepherd's Harvest weekend. Carole demonstrated on Silver Reed and new Erlbacher Gearhart CSM knitting machines, and taught a class on "Finishing Touches: Seams, Blocking and more." There were around 100 vendors, classes, fiber animals, and a Style Show. Teresea Kukowski of Hollyhock Alpacas organized the "Natural Fiber Style Show." Rocking Horse Farm had 7 items included.

      Now we are busy getting ready for the sock machine gathering at our store on May 21st, and Knitting Machine Camp a few weeks after that.

      An emailer named Julianna sent us two emails on April 27th asking for advice about her ribber jamming when she tries to cast on. We've tried to send a response email but the messages come back with an automated message saying "recipient rejected." I suspect that Julianna needs to allow our email address as a "safe sender."

      I'm writing about this to the entire Yahoo Group because every once in a while someone will call on the phone and say they sent us an email but didn't get a response. We definitely try to answer all emails in a timely manner, so if you aren't getting a response you may want to check your spam filter. Or, call Carole anytime. Sometimes this may be faster than waiting for an email response.

      Anyway, if Julianna is reading this, please try to contact us again about your ribber situation. Or do this test: before casting on with any yarn, move a group of ribber needles up into the farthest position. If they don't stay in a neat line but start to drift downwards toward the out-of-work position, the retainer bar needs to be checked. Julianna mentioned that the ribber needles seem to be hitting the underside of the carriage, and this sounds like a typical situation. Another suggestion is to remove the ribber carriage and do an inspection to make sure there isn't anything stuck underneath (i.e. a Double Eyed Needle or pin) and make sure all moving parts are moving properly and not stuck.