May Yarn Sale, new Ravelry Group and other news

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2011
      1) MAY YARN SALE
      2) SHEPHERD'S HARVEST
      3) HANDKNITTING BIND OFF TIP
      4) KNITING SEMINARS IN YOUR AREA
      5) UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROCKING HORSE FARM
      6) ERLBACHER GEARHART SOCK MACHINE NEWS
      7) NEW RAVELRY GROUP

      1) YARN SALE

      *KAFFE FASSETT SOCK YARN* by Regia is now in stock. Kaffe Fassett is a
      world-famous handknitter and designer. Each 125m/50g Ball - $7.95 (Regular price $8.95+) Needles: 3 - 4, 22 sts x 30 rows. Also works well on knitting machine or CSM (sock machine). This yarn was a hit at YARNOVER on April 30th.

      The following TAMM yarns on 1 pound cones for machine knitting, hand knitting or crochet are on sale until May 31st at our store:

      *BEBE* very nice baby yarn, 2,214 yards on 1 pound cones. Charlene Shafer says, "If you haven't tried the Bebe yarn -- now is a good time to plan a project. You will love the softness for your summer sweaters and most any thing you would want to knit."

      Bebe Solid (regular price $19.00) sale price $17.30
      color chart here:
      http://www.knitknackshop.com/Tamm-Carts/Tamm/3700s.htm

      Bebe Prints (regular price $20.00) sale price $18.00
      color chart here:
      http://www.knitknackshop.com/Tamm-Carts/Tamm/3700p.htm

      *ESTILO* is a 2/14 dress yarn, 60% acrylic - 40% nylon. 3,670 yards on 1 pound cone, 30 colors (regular price $21.95) sale price $17.00
      color chart here:
      http://www.knitknackshop.com/Tamm-Carts/Tamm/3100.htm

      The TAMM company is still offering several over-stock colors of Diamante for $12.00 and we are honoring that sale. We honor all TAMM company sales in our store.

      Closeout: visit our store to see a selection of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece and Cotton Fine in discontinued colors, marked down $$$$. This is excellent sock yarn for handknit, sock machine, regular knitting machine.

      2) SHEPHERD'S HARVEST

      Come join the fun! Over a hundred vendors, fiber contests, demonstrations, classes for knitting-spinning-dying-etc., style show, fiber animals, and more! Mother's Day weekend, this Sat-Sun in Lake Elmo, Minnesota. This is one of the largest fiber events in the Midwest and attracts people from all over the country.

      Stop by the Rocking Horse Farm booth in Building D or attend Carole Wurst's class on Seaming and Finishing Techniques!

      http://www.shepherdsharvestfestival.org/New_Site/

      3) HANDKNITTING BIND OFF TIP

      Here is an idea for times when you want a loose bind off...

      Bind off as usual, but make a yarn over every 2-4 stitches. Slip the YO off the needle with the next bind off stitch, as if they were one stitch. This adds just a touch more yarn to the bind off row, and results in a looser bind off row.

      4) SEMINARS IN YOUR AREA

      Sandee Cherry has updated her webpage listing knitting seminars all over North America. Check it out here:

      http://www.sandeeskwikknit.com/seminar.html

      Don't forget about Pacifically Passap in Oregon. Info here:
      http://pacificallypassap.com/

      Carole Wurst is teaching at several of the seminars on Sandee's list, come spend time with Carole at the following seminars:

      Shepherd's Harvest in Lake Elmo, Minnesota - May 7-8
      info here: www.shepherdsharvestfestival.org/

      Knitting Camp at Rocking Horse Farm (registration form in "files" section of this yahoo group) - July 21-23

      September Seminar with Marcia Hauser at Rocking Horse Farm (registration form in "files" section of this yahoo group) - September 15-17, 2011

      Seminars in Nebraska and Colorado, Fall 2011

      Seminar in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - October 2011

      Seminar in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas - October 2011

      5) UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROCKING HORSE FARM

      *We host several monthly clubs and classes, and other annual events*

      Machine Embroidery Club, first Saturday of each month, 10am (free, all invited)

      Knit Club, first Saturday of each month, 1:30pm (free, all invited)
      Demonstration & Show and Tell

      Fiber Friends, 6-9pm (free, all invited) knit/crochet/spin/felt/etc.
      on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Bring a project to work on.

      CSMSA Sock Machine Gathering, Saturday May 21, 10-6 (free, potluck lunch)

      6) ERLBACHER GEARHART SOCK MACHINE

      The new Erlbacher Gearhart sock machines are still on schedule to be available in June 2011.

      Visit our store for a sneak peek at this new round sock knitting machine manufactured in the USA. Please call ahead if you are planning a day trip from out of our area, to make sure we can prepare to give you a complete demo.

      6) NEW RAVELRY GROUP

      Ravelry is an online community of knitters, crocheters and fiber enthusiasts who want to meet new friends and share ideas.

      Rocking Horse Farm now has a RAVELRY group! Join today to hear about the latest fiber adventures from Rocking Horse Farm. We also plan to post pictures of recent projects and new patterns.

      Don't worry, this yahoo group won't be going away (with almost 800 members !?! ) but we want to reach out to new friends at Ravelry, too.

      Find our Ravelry group here:

      http://www.ravelry.com/groups/rocking-horse-farm

      (You will be asked to make a ravelry profile if you aren't already a member of the ravelry.com site!)