March yarn sale, events, knitting hints...

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2011
      Mid-March Announcements:

      1) YARN SALE
      2) NEWSLETTER SPRING ISSUE COMING SOON
      3) PASSAP KNITS "LAST SUPPER"
      4) SEMINARS IN YOUR AREA
      5) UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROCKING HORSE FARM
      6) FUN LINK: RETRO NEEDLEWORK BLOG

      We have lots of news to share and I'm trying to upload it all on one day for the benefit of the Yahoo Group members who have their messaging set to "daily digest." This will cut down on the number of messages you receive.

      1) YARN SALE

      The following TAMM yarns on 1 pound cones for machine knitting, hand knitting or crocheta re on sale until April 2nd at our store:

      *CAN CUN* is a Basket-weave medium weight yarn with excellent wear and washability. Suited for sweaters and children's clothes. 8/26 weight, 70% acrylic - 30% nylon. 1,638 yards on 1 pound cone, 30 colors (regular price $22.95) sale price $20.95
      color chart here:
      http://www.knitknackshop.com/Tamm-Carts/Tamm/4500.htm

      *NORDIC* is a worsted weight yarn perfect for MID-GAUGE or BULKY MACHINES or EON on the standard machine, great for afghans, baby items, sweaters, hats & scarves and general knitting. It has a nice twist and a soft feel. 100% acrylic - 1,112 yards on 1 pound cones, 22 colors (regular price $18.75) sale price $16.95
      color chart here:
      http://www.knitknackshop.com/Tamm-Carts/Tamm/6000.htm

      *ESTILO* is a 2/14 dress yarn, 60% acrylic - 40% nylon. 3,670 yards on 1 pound cone, 30 colors (regular price $21.95) sale price $17.00
      color chart here:
      http://www.knitknackshop.com/Tamm-Carts/Tamm/3100.htm

      The TAMM company is still offering several over-stock colors of Diamante for $12.00 and we are honoring that sale. We honor all TAMM company sales in our store.

      *COTTON TALE* is now $21.00 per cone, which is a reduction in price because it is no longer sold by the pound.

      *KAFFE FASSETT SOCK YARN* by Regia is now in stock. Kaffe Fassett is a world-famous handknitter and designer. Each 125m/50g Ball - $7.95
      Needles: 3 - 4, 22 sts x 30 rows. Also works well on knitting machine or CSM (sock machine).

      2) NEWSLETTER SPRING ISSUE

      We are working on the Spring Issue of the ROCKING HORSE NEWS now and expect to mail it around the end of the month. Patterns will include a triangular scarf or shawl perfect for dressy occasions in the spring and summer months.

      Please remember that the ROCKING HORSE NEWS publication is available in print form only and has never been online. These online announcements in our yahoo group or on facebook do not include the patterns, tech tips, and special discounts and sales that are in the print newsletter.

      3) "LAST SUPPER" AFGHAN KNIT ON PASSAP E6000

      Check out this blog posting by Carol Caldwell about a four-color afghan featuring a picture of the Last Supper knit on a Passap E600:

      http://cckittenknits.wordpress.com/

      4) SEMINARS IN YOUR AREA

      Sandee Cherry has updated her webpage listing knitting seminars all over North America. Check it out here:

      http://www.sandeeskwikknit.com/seminar.html

      Take note of the upcoming Passap seminar in Oregon. Barb from that group has asked us to help promote the seminar. It is one of the best (and only) opportunities for Passap knitters to gather and take classes. Info here: http://pacificallypassap.com/

      Carole is teaching at several of the seminars on Sandee's list, come spend time with Carole at the following seminars:

      Finger Lakes Seminar in Cortland, New York - April 15-16
      registration info here: http://www.fingerlakesknits.com/

      Purls of Joy Seminar in Princeton, Minnesota (registration file uploaded today in "files" section of this yahoo group) - April 29-30

      Shepherd's Harvest in Lake Elmo, Minnesota - May 7-8
      info here: www.shepherdsharvestfestival.org/

      Seminar in Colorado TBA - May, 2011

      Knitting Camp at Rocking Horse Farm (registration file uploaded today in "files" section of this yahoo group) - July 21-23

      September Seminar at Rocking Horse Farm (registration file uploaded today in "files" section of this yahoo group) - September 15-17, 2011

      Seminar in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - October

      5) UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROCKING HORSE FARM

      We host several monthly clubs and classes, and other annual events.

      Machine Embroidery Club, first Saturday of each month, 10am (free, all invited)

      Knit Club, first Saturday of each month, 1:30pm (free, all invited)
      Demonstration & Show and Tell

      Fiber Friends, 6-9pm (free, all invited) knit/crochet/spin/felt/etc.
      on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Bring a project to work on.

      CSMSA Sock Machine Gathering, Saturday May 21, 10-6 (free, potluck lunch)

      6) FUN LINK: RETRO NEEDLEWORK BLOG

      You knew it was bound to happen. Some young hipster found a stash of old Workbasket and other needlework magazines from the 1960's and 1970's and thought it would be funny and cute to post them on the internet. Well, it has happened. And admittedly it is fun to look at. It is called NEEDLEWORK A GO-GO.

      http://my-retrospace.blogspot.com/search/label/needlework%20a%20go%20go

      (Warning - I noticed that some comments under the blog posts may have a bit of unsavory language.)