link to article about worldwide cotton shortage

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2011
      This link to a Wall Street Journal article was forwarded to us by one of our yarn suppliers. Bernat cotton, Sugar and Cream, and some others are all having price increases as of today, March 1st.

      Our price for cone cotton 6/2, 8/3, 20/2, etc. isn't changing today but we may not be able to offer the same quantity discounts in the future as we have in the past.

      Here is the message from the yarn company:

      Have you heard about the worldwide cotton shortage?

      http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704300604575554210569885910.html

      Prices are going up March 1.

      Sugar and Cream

      Bernat Handicrafter

      Cottontots

      Patons Grace

      Stretch Sock

      Baby Stretch

      Baby Cakes

      Prices are increasing 5-11% depending on the article.