Silver Tea and Knit Scarf Show, this Saturday at RHF 1:30pm

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2011
      You are cordially invited to join Carole and friends for our annual Silver Tea and Knitwear Show, Saturday February 5th at 1:30pm.

      The theme for this year is WRAP IT UP. You are welcome to bring a knit scarf, shawl, or other wrap to show in an informal style show. If you can't attend in person, watch for pictures on our facebook page.

      Carole will be showing the new INFINITY SCARF from the last issue of the Rocking Horse News, as well as a new bulky wrap that she is currently finishing in time for the event. She will also be showing several ways to wrap pillows to help change your home decor for the seasons.

      This is an informal event, it is free and the public is invited. This event is organized for our machine knitting club but we also expect handknitters, and crocheters at this event.

      For other upcoming events, check the last issue of the Rocking Horse News for registration info about our Winter Knit-In in February, Carole's hands-on knitting machine workshop in Iowa, Seminars in New York, Minnesota and Wisconsin, and more. (Please note that the date listed on page

      ***

      If you are unable to attend but are still interested in new scarf ideas, here are some suggestions:

      INFINITY SCARF (similar to the newest scarves seen in Coldwater Creek and Macy's catalogs) on page 5, Rocking Horse News Issue #63

      SPECTRUM SCARF (long multi-colored rainbow scarf) leaflet with color pictures and instructions, $6 +s/h available in handknit or machine knit version

      SENSATIONAL SCARVES (our book of scarf ideas for every month of the year for all types of knitting machines) $15 +s/h

      SENSATIONAL SHAWLS & PONCHOS (our book of shawls and wraps for knitting machines including a disk of tuck stitch designs) $15 +s/h