July knitting and fiber art news

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2010
      ***Check out Rocking Horse Farm on facebook!***

      In this message:

      1) July club meetings and classes
      2) Myrna Stahman's handknit Scarves and Shawls
      3) Hand Manipulated Stitches on the Knitting Machine
      4) September Seminar
      5) ROCKING HORSE NEWS summer issue

      1) July Club Meetings and Classes

      YES, we are having Embroidery Club and Machine Knit Club this Saturday! We tried changing it from the 4th of July weekend in the past but that didn't work (people showed up anyway!) so we are sticking with our First Saturday schedule.

      Machine Embroidery Club, Sat. July 3, 10am (free, all invited)

      Machine Knit Club, Sat. July 3, 1:30pm (free, all invited)
      Demonstration: short rowing

      Sewing and Embroidery Camp, July 9-10

      Lace Sock Class, Thursday July 15, 1:30pm (free, call ahead)

      Fiber Friends, knit/crochet/spin/etc. on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, off for summer

      Plying Yarns on the Spinning Wheel, Wed. July 21, 1:30pm (free, call ahead)

      Afghan Latching, Tues. July 27, 1:30pm (free, call ahead)

      Trims on the Knitting Machine, Thurs. July 29, 1:30pm (free, call ahead)

      2) Myrna Stahman's Shawls & Scarves Book available, $30.00 +s/h

      Myrna visited our store on Tuesday this week and signed a copy of her Shawl and Scarf book for us. Myrna is a well known teacher and author of hand knitting patterns from Boise, Idaho. One of her patterns is featured at the beginning of Debbie Macomber's novel "Back on Blossom Street." We had a wonderful visit.

      We sell Myrna's book "STAHMAN'S SHAWLS & SCARVES" for $30 +s/h. The 152 page book includes beautiful lace Faroe-ese shaped shawls and Seaman's Institute-styled scarves with ribbing and lace.

      3) Susan Guagliumi's "More Hand Manipulated Stitches" reg price $42.00, introductory special price for paid subscribers of the Rocking Horse News: $31.50 +s/h

      We also have her original "Hand Manipulated Stitches" book for $29.99. Buy both books for $59.99 +s/h.

      Susan Guagliumi DVD's Available:
      Introduction to Knitting Machines: $37.00 +s/h
      Punchcard Knitting: $37.00 +s/h
      LK150 Workshop: $37.00 +s/h
      Hand-Manipulated Stitches: (temporarily out of stock)$39.99 +s/h

      4) SEPTEMBER SEMINAR: Sept. 16-18, 2010

      Demonstrators:

      Charlene Shafer
      Pat Plett
      Carole Wurst
      Rose Ver Vooren
      Skip Grettum
      Jason Wurst
      Kris Boland
      Judy Blomgren
      Shawn Dolan (Repair Technician)
      Joyce Hirning (Passap)
      Jan Ebner (Sock Machines)
      Sharon Rassier (Sock Machines)
      Barb Kuklok (Sewing)
      Jerome Jensen (Embroidery & Digitizing)

      Knitting Machine Classes will include:

      Afghans
      Baby Items
      Basic Beginner Class
      Bed Scarves (Bedspread Alternative)
      Cast-Ons and Bind Offs
      Christmas Stockings
      Crafty Ideas
      Designer Garments
      Fine Lace Used for Texture
      Finishing
      Float Control Using the Ribber
      G-Carriage Tips
      Lace Shawl
      Machine Cleaning and Repair
      Passap Sessions
      Rib Alternatives
      Seamless Socks: Knee High, Mini Cable, Hand Transfer Lace
      Two Color Double Bed Knitting
      Weaving on the Machine
      Woven Bags

      DesignaKnit Software Classes will include:(BRING YOUR LAPTOP!)

      Basic Overview
      Customizing Standard Garment Shapes with Bust Dart and Waist Shaping
      Pattern Transfer
      Personalization Using Stitch Designer

      Other Seminar Classes will include:

      Blocking
      Clothes Line Capers (using Clothes Line for rugs, bags, bowls & more)
      Handknit & Crochet Sessions
      Vintage Sock Machine (CSM) beginner to advanced (bring machine!)
      Sewing & Embroidery Machine Projects
      Embroidery Digitizing & Software Sessions (bring laptop!)

      Check the "files" section for the registration form.

      Carole just checked with the hotels to make sure there will be a special rate. Mention "Rocking Horse Farm" when making your reservation.

      5) The Summer 2010 Issue of the ROCKING HORSE NEWS is being printed now!

      For those who don't subscribe, you can purchase this issue for $3.95 +s/h. But please consider subscribing ($8.95 per year for US addresses) so we can continue to produce this publication. We appreciate your support.

      This issue is devoted to GADGETS. This is one of the most fun issues we've ever done and contains a ton of pictures. Every machine knitter will want to see our collection of useful items for sale.

      Also included are tech tips for protecting G-Carriage and Passap curl cords, announcement of new short row pattern leaflet, order form for knitting tools, and more.

      ***Check out Rocking Horse Farm on facebook!***