Knitting Camp 2010, and KNIT-A-LONG Cardigan Project

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2010
      Hello friends, our annual Knitting Camp is 2 days away! A tentative schedule and list of supplies has been posted in the Files section.

      If you are unable to join us in person this year, follow along with the posts in this group!

      Several knitters are doing a Knit-A-Long Cardigan project. If you would like to participate at home over the web, you can!

      You will need:

      - a sweater or sweatshirt to cut into a cardigan
      - one of Carole's cut and sew Cardigan books (or your own templates)
      - sport weight yarn to knit the fairisle cardigan bands

      Carole has two Cardigan book options:

      "Our Favorite Personal Touches for a Sweater or Sweatshirt" features straight cut and sew or serge instructions with machine knit fairisle bands, ribbed collar and optional ribbed cuffs ($12.00 +s/h)

      -or-

      "The Uncommon Cardigan" booklet features color photos with step by step instructions for a v-neck cut and sew or serge cardigan with bands in several options: fairisle, stripes, knitweave, or lace ($12.00 +s/h)

      Check back for posts during Knitting Camp to follow along with the knitters doing Cardigans!