June Knitting and Fiber news: yarn sale, spring patterns and more

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2010
      Happy spring! Our internet provider has been very unreliable lately. Please call our store 320-252-2996 to place orders or register for events.

      ***Check out "Rocking Horse Farm" on facebook!***

      In this message:

      1) special sales for June
      2) June classes and events
      3) Knitting Machine Camp
      4) September Seminar
      5) ROCKING HORSE NEWS spring issue

      1) Sales for June:

      Susan Guagliumi's "More Hand Manipulated Stitches" reg price $42.00,
      introductory special price $31.50 +s/h

      We have her original "Hand Manipulated Stitches" and her knitting machine DVD in stock, too.

      TAMM YARN news:

      Charlene says "It is a time for Graduations and Weddings. Knitting an afghan or lap robe is a great and much appreciated gift for these occasions. Don't forget the little summer sweaters we all need as the restaurants seem to think they need it cold enough to snow. The rainy days of summer are just the time for these quick projects. Check out the Tamm Yarn Sale this month for inspiration for your projects."

      Sale prices: June 1 -- 30, 2010

      Trenzi $19.00/pound cone

      Rayito $18.75/pound cone

      Estilo $17.00/pound cone

      UNIQUELY YOURS spring theme patterns, all $2.00 off reg. price:

      Blossoms and Bows
      A Splash of Spring
      Spring Baskets
      Tee Off (golf motifs)
      Americana Collection
      Paper Dolls
      Tea for Two

      NEW STOCK OF 2/24 ACRYLIC just in! Great new colors including white, yellow, baby blue and other colors! Perfect for baby blankets and more, $9.79 per pound.

      2) June calendar

      Machine Embroidery Club, Sat. June 5, 10am (free, all invited)

      Machine Knit Club, Sat. June 5, 1:30pm (free, all invited)
      Demonstration: "Lacey Table Runner" from a Crafty Ideas book

      FIBER FRIENDS meet on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, 6-9pm, for knitting (hand or machine), crochet, spinning, fiber arts. Tuesday, June 15, 6-9pm. (free, all invited)

      3) Knitting Machine Camp is June 17-19. Registration is full. Contact us to be put on the waiting list.

      4) SEPTEMBER SEMINAR is coming! The dates are Thursday evening Sept. 16 - Saturday Sept. 18.

      We have just confirmed another demonstrator: Rose Ver Vooren from Reeseville, Wisconsin. She will be demonstrating Hair Pin Lace shawl on the knitting machine, and Bed Runners.

      We are excited to have Rose demonstrate at the September Seminar for the first time, along with our other excellent list of demonstrators: Charlene Shafer, Pat Plett, Kris Boland, Skip Grettum, Carole Wurst, Shawn Dolan, Joyce Hirning (Passap), Jan Ebner & Sharon Rassier (CSM) and Jerome Jensen (machine embroidery).

      Check the "files" section for the registration form.

      Carole just checked with the hotels to make sure there will be a special rate. Mention "Rocking Horse Farm" when making your reservation.

      5) The Spring 2010 Issue of the ROCKING HORSE NEWS has been mailed. For those who don't subscribe, you can purchase this issue for $3.95 +s/h. But please consider subscribing ($8.95 per year for US addresses) so we can continue to produce this publication. We appreciate your support.

      Patterns include Helmet Liner Hat, Sculptured Alpaca Shoulder Wrap,
      Soft Felted Scarf, and more. Techniques in this issue include Transforming Stitches (alternative to ribbing) and tuck lace on the Passap.