May knitting and fiber news
- Happy spring!
In this message:
1) Rocking Horse News Spring Issue
2) May classes and events
3) Knitting Machine Camp in June
4) September Seminar
5) special sales for May
1) The Spring 2010 Issue has been mailed. For those who don't subscribe, you can purchase this issue for $3.95 +s/h. But please consider subscribing ($8.95 per year for US addresses) so we can continue to produce this publication. We appreciate your support.
For a sneak preview of what is in this issue, check the "photos" section of this yahoo group. Patterns include Helmet Liner Hat, Sculptured Alpaca Shoulder Wrap, Soft Felted Scarf, and more. Techniques in this issue include Transforming Stitches (alternative to ribbing) and tuck lace on the Passap.
2) May calendar
Machine Embroidery Club, Sat. May 1, 10am (free, all invited)
Machine Knit Club, Sat. May 1, 1:30pm (free, all invited)
Demonstration: "Crochet Look" necklaces on the knitting machine
Carole will be demonstrating at SHEPHERDS HARVEST Sheep and Wool Festival, May 8-9 in Lake Elmo, Minnesota. Event details here:
The store will be open on Saturday during Shepherds Harvest, normal business hours 10-6.
CSM Round Sock Machine knitters gather on Saturday, May 15th from 9:30-6. (free, all invited)
FIBER FRIENDS meet on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, 6-9pm, for knitting (hand or machine), crochet, spinning, fiber arts. Tuesday, May 18, 6-9pm. (free, all invited)
3) Knitting Machine Camp will be June 17-19. Check the "files" section for full details and registration form. Carole just checked with the hotels to make sure there will be a special rate. Mention Rocking Horse Farm when making your reservation.
4) SEPTEMBER SEMINAR is coming! The dates are Thursday evening Sept. 16 - Saturday Sept. 18. Plans include several excellent demonstrators, special guest author book signing, clearance sale yarn, good food and friends, and more.
This will be the 19th annual September Seminar.
Check the "files" section for full details and registration form. Carole just checked with the hotels to make sure there will be a special rate. Mention Rocking Horse Farm when making your reservation.
5) Sales for May:
$5 off "The Knit Kit" (see ad in the Rocking Horse News, page 3)
Lambs Pride Worsted skeins, sage and jade colors, reg price $7.99 now $5 +s/h (while supplies last)
Susan Guagliumi's "More Hand Manipulated Stitches" reg price $42.00, introductory special price $31.50 +s/h
The following clearance or pre-owned knitting machine patterns marked down to $2, while supplies last:
Cancer Hat, for Mid-Gauge Machine
Sandee's Kwik Knits Book 1 - Sweaters for the Family
G-Carriage Afghans 2 by Kay Furfaro
A Time to Knit Drop Yoke Sweaters
A Time to Knit Drop Shoulder Sweaters, 15 Sizes/4 Gauges
Knit a Little More
Knit a Little More Kids Stuff
Knitting With Tami #6
Purls of Joy Seminar 1991
Purls of Joy Seminar 1993
Purls of Joy Seminar 1997
Purls of Joy Seminar 1998
Purls of Joy Seminar 1999
Kountry Kreations Women's Vest with Bobbles Bowknots & Cables for the Bulky