Lily Chin at Yarnover... spring pattern newsletter... Purls of Joy seminar...

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2010
      Hi everybody! We enjoyed seeing many friends at the 24th annual Yarnover last weekend. According to organizers at the Minnesota Knitter's Guild, it was the biggest Yarnover event ever! There were 400 registrants and perhaps twice that number walking through the free marketplace.

      A bit of Trivia: have you been to a Stitches event? It's a traveling fiber art event and marketplace held in various regions of the US. One of the marketplace vendors (from 3 Kittens Yarn Shop) was telling us that the founders of Stitches got the idea by attending one of the early Yarnover events. They realized that the event could be duplicated all over the country on a larger scale, and today Stitches is a huge success.

      Lily Chin was one of the featured instructors at Yarnover. After her classes many people found their way to our booth to purchase Latch Tools. Lily tells her classes that she loves to use the double sided Latch Tools from the SK860 with her handknitting. (Lily is also a machine knitter, too!) The SK860 Latch Tool has a large latch on one end and a small latch on the other.

      We have the double-ended SK860 Latch Tools available, $9.95 +s/h.

      -------------
      The spring 2010 issue of the ROCKING HORSE NEWS has been mailed to all subscribers. Featured patterns include a Helmet Liner Hat, Sculptured Alpaca Shoulder Wrap, and several fashion scarves for spring. Techniques include instructions on re-forming stitches as an alternative to ribbing.

      Special deal for subscribers:

      Susan Guagliumi's new book
      "MORE HAND MANIPULATED STITCHES"
      for $31.50 (regular price $42.00)

      Susan's original book in revised form
      "HAND MANIPULATED STITCHES"
      $29.95 +s/h

      BUT BOTH BOOKS for $59.95 +s/h (while supplies last)

      DVD of original Hand Manipulated Stitches video, $39.99 +s/h

      Come see us at the PURLS OF JOY SEMINAR on Friday and Saturday this week. See the schedule of classes we are teaching in the "files" section of this yahoo group.

      Rocking Horse Farm will be closed on Thursday, Friday and Saturday April 22-24 for the Purls of Joy Seminar.