January 7th is Saint Distaff's Day, a celebration day for knitters and fiber art

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2010
      Hi everybody, we are hosting a Saint Distaff's Day event again this year. January 7th is the traditional celebration day for knitters, spinners, weavers and fiber artists and we are hosting an open house with a special guest!

      From 1:30-4:30 on January 7th, you are invited to bring your hand knitting, CSM knitting machine or spinning wheel and join a knitting circle with others. There will be snacks, demonstrations of kumihimo braiding and needle felting, and more.

      We are pleased to have special guest author NORA MURPHY with us from 1:30-2:30. She will be selling and autographing copies of her book, "Knitting the Threads of Time: Casting back to the Heart of Our Craft."

      This is a free event.

      If you aren't near our store, we encourage you to host a Saint Distaff's Day celebration of your own. The tradition dates back several hundred years in Great Britain, and has recently started in the US in New England states.

      More info about Nora Murphy's inspirational book can be found at her web-site: www.nora-muprhy.com