knitting seminars, yarn sale, mini-ironing boards for sewing/quilting/embroidery

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2009
      Hello everyone, hope you are enjoying the change of seasons.

      Our store will be closed on Friday April 24th, because Carole and Jason are teaching at the PURLS OF JOY SEMINAR and Fred is staffing our sales table. (info about this event is in the "files" section of this yahoo group)

      ---------------------------------------
      Before I tell you about our other news, let me say a word about emails. If you wish to place an order or have questions about something you purchased from us, please call us for the fastest response. We receive hundreds of emails each week, many of them asking just general questions about machines or asking for help with random patterns and techniques, so sometimes replies get delayed.

      Please don't be afraid to call, Carole has gotten frantic phone calls even at 9:30pm from people needing help with a project!

      ---------------------------------------
      MINI IRONING BOARDS. A brand new item in our store! Use these for your small projects or touch-up work. If you have the Clover Mini Iron, these would work well. These boards are just the right size for a kitchen counter or tabletop. Use when pressing pleats into skirts, quilt pieces, small corners, and more.

      Small: $7.00 +s/h
      Large: $9.00 +s/h

      or set: $15.00 +s/h

      ---------------------------------------
      Remember that we carry the soft-sided FOLDING BLOCKING BOARDS by SEW E-Z. This lightweight, folding blocking board is easy to transport and store. Size: 33” x 51” is perfect for blocking, steaming, cutting fabric, craft materials, bias strips & quilting squares. Excellent for needlepoint, cross stitch and knitting. Makes an excellent lightweight lap table. The lining is water resistant. Carole says, “when adding a fringe to a project, line it up along the squares on the board and cut to make the fringe even.”

      $75.95 +s/h

      ---------------------------------------
      YARN SALE:

      Estilo, $20.95 (regular $22.95)
      Sport 2/7, $18.20 (regular $22.95)
      Perle, $9.50 (regular $10.25)

      Sale prices through April 30, 2009

      ---------------------------------------
      The ROCKING HORSE NEWS Spring Issue features special scarf patterns for spring and summer wear. It is currently being mailed. (Available via US Mail only, not online.) Current subscribers can purchase a special kit.

      SPRING SCARF SPECTACULAR KIT includes:

      -special crepe yarn (acrylic) in one of the 2009 spring colors as shown on the home page of the Yahoo Group
      -complete pattern instructions with color illustration

      $8.99 +s/h

      (offer valid until July 1, 2009 or while supplies last)

      ---------------------------------------
      Besides the PURLS OF JOY SEMINAR, Carole and Fred will be away from the store several times in the next few weeks. If you live near Ottawa, Ontario be sure to attend Carole's knitting machine seminar on May 2-3! Information and a registration form can be found in the "files" group in the "Ottawa Seminar" folder, or contact:

      pmgwood@...

      After returning from Ottawa, Carole will be teaching at the Shepherd's Harvest Sheep and Wool event on May 9-10. See more info about this at the website:

      http://www.shepherdsharvestfestival.org/index.shtml

      We've been asked to help promote a survey about Fiber Arts and yarn. It says it is sponsored by an FFA Chapter in Nevada. We aren't connected in any way to the group, but if it supports Fiber Arts education it seems to be worth mentioning.

      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=b4GbapYcPVue9nQLPqGhEA_3d_3d

      --------------------------------
      APRIL CALENDAR for ROCKING HORSE FARM

      ~As usual, we have Embroidery Club and Machine Knit Club on the first
      Saturday of every month. These are free and there are often new faces
      at club, so you will feel welcome.

      Machine Embroidery Club, Sat. May 2, 10am-noon

      Machine Knit Club, Sat. May 2, 1:30-4:00. Demonstration: TBA

      Carole teaching at PURLS OF JOY SEMINAR, April 24-25. Store closed on Friday, but should be open on Saturday even though Carole is away.

      Carole teaching at SHEPHERDS HARVEST, May 9-10. Store is open.

      CSM ROUND SOCK MACHINE KNITTERS from the Upper Midwest meet at
      Rocking Horse Farm on the 3rd Saturday of January, May, and October
      in 2009. (Summer is off for people to attend the national conference
      June 8-11.) The next gathering is May 16th, 9:30-6:00. This event is free, lunch is potluck. You do not need to own a working CSM to attend this event.

      FIBER FRIENDS meet on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, 6-9pm, for
      knitting (hand or machine), crochet, spinning, fiber arts.

      Knitting "Camp" ~ June 4-6, 2009 **registration is limited**
      Registration forms are in the ROCKING HORSE NEWS and in the "files" section of the yahoo group.

      Sewing & Embroidery Machine "Camp" ~ July 16-18, 2009
      Registration forms are in the ROCKING HORSE NEWS and in the "files" section of the yahoo group.

      SEPTEMBER SEMINAR ~ September 17-19, 2009
      Demonstrators: Pat Plett, Carol Foster, Carole Wurst, Shawn Dolan (technician), Skip Grettum, Jason Wurst, and others.
      Also: machine embroidery, and Jan Ebner & Sharon Rassier (sock machines). Registration forms are in the ROCKING HORSE NEWS and in the "files" section of the yahoo group.

      That's all for now, happy knitting and stitching.

      Jason at Rocking Horse Farm