mittens, knitting camp, and more

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2009
      Hi everybody, for our April knit club meeting on Saturday Carole will be demonstrating the "Easy Sport Mittens" from the book A TIME TO KNIT MITTENS by Sande Baas & Marty Godlewski.

      Mittens in April, you ask? Is this an April Fools joke? Haha, no. It may seem unusual to do mittens when spring is here, but consider it a head start on next year's knitting.

      This demonstration is also a preview of one of the projects some have requested to do at Knitting Camp this summer. Other projects include lace carriage, sheer tuck scarf, garment measurements, and more... or bring your own project to work on in the company of other knitters.

      Knitting Camp information and registration forms are available for download in the "Files" section of this yahoo group. We often have people from near and far for this event, if you would like recommendations on travel arrangements contact us. Saint Cloud is serviced by Amtrak, Delta (Northwest) Airlines, Interstate Highway, or canoe up the Mississippi River.

      A limited number of A TIME TO KNIT MITTENS books are available, $8.00 +s/h.

      A few weeks ago I wrote about Pat Hargreaves. We are almost out of her machine knitting pattern BABY LAYERED TUCK HAT but have several copies of the adult version available, $5.95 +s/h.

      A word about shipping: PLEASE TAKE CARE WHEN SHIPPING MACHINES or EQUIPMENT. Whether it is a Sewing Machine, Spinning Wheel, Loom or Knitting Machine, take extra care to keep the original packing boxes & materials and use them to ship. We recently had someone at the store refuse a shipment from UPS because it arrived in damaged home-made cardboard packaging and leaked pink styrofoam peanuts all over the driveway... it turned out to be a knitting machine a customer wanted to return. We weren't even given a chance to see what was inside because of the way the UPS delivery man had to hold the cardboard together. He actually made the suggestion that the parcel could be refused because of the condition, so it was. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

      Don't forget to check out the Spring Colors shown on the homepage of this Yahoo Group. It's a nice blend of soft colors that look familiar to those who remember Necco Wafers. Remember that when choosing threads, fabric or yarn for projects.

      Enjoy your spring knitting and stitching.

      Jason