Warm Woolies for Winter!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2009
      Hello friends, with a winter chill still in the air for a few weeks
      we want to remind you that our store is stocked with wool of all
      types for knitting, spinning, needle felting and crafts.

      Brown Sheep Naturespun Sport is our best seller. We sell it on 1
      pound (approx) cones for $27.50 per pound. We have every current
      color in stock. Suggested hand knitting needle: 5, 6 stitches per
      inch.

      We also have a limited supply of the Naturespun Fingering at the same
      price. Suggested hand knitting needle: 3, 7 stitches per inch. On the
      standard gauge knitting machine we have used 2 strands of the
      Fingering in place of 1 strand of the Sport.

      Brown Sheep also supplies us with roving for spinning and needle
      felting. Our stock changes frequently because the price is excellent.
      It is best to call Carole during store hours to find out what colors
      we currently have.

      We also have wool fiber packs in colors for needle felting from
      Ashford. This is the same company in New Zealand that manufacturers
      the spinning wheels and carders we sell.

      Hand knitters love LAMB'S PRIDE. Machine knitters also report success
      using it on bulky machines. We have a large stock of this in both
      Worsted and Bulky weights. We also carry the variegated colors.

      Sometimes we offer the LAMB'S PRIDE "seconds" on a first-come, first-
      serve basis. These skeins are labeled "seconds" by the Brown Sheep
      company not because they are faulty but only because they are not
      perfect dye matches to their color charts. They may be a touch
      lighter or darker than the color chart, so they aren't able to be
      included in the normal stock. We have these "seconds" on sale for
      $5.00 per skein.

      A blend of wool and fiber from the Aloe plant? Yes, we have it! It is
      called STEP, and it is marketed as a sock yarn but also makes
      wonderful hats, mittens and scarves. The yarn blend contains Aloe
      Vera and Jojoba Oil which have healing properties. 100 gram skein,
      $20.80. Suggested hand knitting needle: US 1 or 2, standard knitting
      machine tension 5 or 6.

      -------
      Patterns and more...

      Here is a link to a website based in the UK has free patterns for
      crochet, hand knitting, machine knitting, sewing and more..

      http://www.stephthornton.co.uk/

      ------
      The recent issue of our print publication ROCKING HORSE NEWS had a
      special offer for discounts on knitting patterns for a variety of
      hats.

      Two of the featured patterns listed for sale were by PAT HARGREAVES.
      We are sad to announce that Pat has recently passed away. Pat was a
      customer of our store and a dear friend who became a pattern author,
      successful seller on a multi-state craft sale circuit, and Passap
      knitting machine demonstrator at our September Seminar.

      We still have two of her designs in stock:

      Baby Layered Tuck Hat, $5.95 +s/h

      Adult Layered Tuck Hat, $5.95 +s/h

      Here is the newspaper announcement about Pat:

      "Patricia Hargreaves, 77, of Annandale died Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2009. A
      memorial service was held at The Peterson Chapel, Buffalo, Saturday,
      Jan. 24. Memorials are preferred to the American Cancer Society. She
      is survived by husband, Jerry; children; 25 grandchildren; and 15
      great-grandchildren.

      Patricia Ann was born on March 31, 1931, in Maple Lake to the late
      Henry Nicholas and Ann (nee Gorman) Schaefer. They moved to the Twin
      Cities area and she graduated with the Class of 1949 from Robbinsdale
      High School. While working at Red Owl grocery store, Pat met Jerome
      Hargreaves. They married on July 1, 1952, in Northwood, Iowa. While
      being a dedicated homemaker and mother, Patricia worked several
      places including both General and North Memorial hospitals (working
      as a pediatric nurses aid), the Drummer newspaper, ITT and Empress
      Pearls. In the late 1980s, Pat began Country Heritage Knits (along
      with help from her family) which she continued despite life-
      threatening illnesses. She also lived in Buffalo, Delano and
      Annandale. She loved spending time with her family, cooking, camping
      and fishing. In her younger years she was a Webelos den leader."