Happy stitching and knitting in 2009!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2008
      Carole, Fred and I would like to thank everyone who participated in
      OPERATION TOASTY TOES, SHEILA'S SHAWLS, and our MITTEN TREE PROJECT in
      2009.

      Together we collected several THOUSAND items to be distributed by
      charitable organizations locally and around the world. Though we may
      not personally meet the person who wears something we made and donated,
      we can take comfort knowing that our God-given talents and generosity
      are being put to use.

      It is amazing to think about the number of people who are touched by
      charitable giving of knits and sewn items... from the person involved
      in making the yarn or fabric, to the person who taught us the skills to
      make items, and the people who collect and transport the items to their
      destinations, and finally the people who receive the items, and their
      families and friends who are comforted knowing that someone cares.

      Two of our readers sent us this link and I thought it was a nice thing
      to share. You can send a "card" or note to a serviceperson to thank
      them for good works they do while serving.

      http://www.letssaythanks.com/

      Our OPERATION TOASTY TOES project continues even after the "Mitten
      Trees" come down. Just today we received another box of handknit
      slippers, dickies and hats from a group in Fountain City, Wisconsin.
      These will be sent soon.

      Thanks to everyone who took the time to make extra items in 2008 to
      donate to a charity, whether it was one of our projects or one in
      another area. Your good deeds will not go unrecognized!

      We wish everyone a crafty new year.

      Fred, Carole, Jason and everyone at Rocking Horse Farm