November knitting-stitching-fiber news!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2008
      Hi friends, it's beginning to feel like cap & mitten weather here!
      Don't forget about our annual charitable knitting and sewing drive...
      we collect hats, mittens, scarves and other items to decorate
      our "Mitten Trees" that will be on display through January.

      -----------------
      INTERESTED IN CARDED LINCOLN WOOL?

      We recently received this message from a student in our area:

      "Hi I am writing to see who would be interested in carded Lincoln
      wool. I have eighteen Lincoln sheep, six of which are white, ten that
      are colored black/grayish, and two that are pure black. These sheep I
      am raising are for an FFA project at AFSA (Academy for Science and
      Agriculture) the high school I am currently attending in Vadnais
      Heights MN. I am in eleventh grade right now and I am just seeing who
      might be interested in carded wool as I am trying to develop a
      business with it. I have not done any carding yet I am just seeing
      who could be possible customers, and see if there is a interest in
      carded wool before I make investments. If you are interested have
      questions, or want more information please feel free to e-mail me
      at..."

      If you would like to get in touch with the student, please contact us
      at rhfarm@... and we will pass along your contact
      information.

      -----------------
      PLANNING AHEAD FOR 2009

      The first attempt at a Fiber Festival at Bonanzaville last July sure
      seemed like a success when we were there, and it must have been
      because they have already announced details for next year's event!

      Fiber Arts Festival
      Bonanzaville, West Fargo
      Saturday and Sunday, July 25 & 26, 2009
      10-5 Saturday, noon-5 Sunday

      If you haven't been to Bonanzaville, it is worth the trip just to see
      the museums and historic buildings.

      Here are some other excellent resource pages for embroidery and
      knitting events:

      http://www.asipublications.com/Stitches/Calendar.aspx

      http://www.woolworks.org/links/Knitting_events_and_travel/

      http://www.interweaveknits.com/community/calendar.asp

      FUN VIDEO... CHECK OUT THAT HAIR

      This video link has been showing up on various message boards... if
      you are a fan of 1960's country music or tv, you will like this!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOgqefnt_I