knitting & fiber news... Carole & Fred Wurst's Golden Wedding Anniversary

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2008
      Hello friends, the shops at Rocking Horse Farm will be closed
      Saturday, October 18th in celebration of Carole & Fred's 50th Wedding
      Anniversary. Orders placed by email, order form or telephone will be
      processed after Tuesday, October 21.

      Everyone is invited to an Open House on Saturday from 2-6 at Rocking
      Horse Farm to help celebrate with Fred and Carole. The event is being
      held in the store and "Outback" building, and is being hosted by
      their children: Deb, Rick, Steve, James and Jason; and their spouses
      and families. Refreshments will be served, RSVP is not necessary and
      no cards have been sent.

      ----------
      In regular news, we have new yarns in the store by several companies
      and a new shipment of cotton thread.

      Also, we have new patterns for machine knit, hand knit or crochet
      items including crochet and/or knit jewelry ideas by Marcia Hauser.

      The sock knitting book advertised in the last ROCKING HORSE
      NEWS, "Perfectly Seamless Socks" by Pat Plett, is sold out in all
      versions except the version for the Passap knitting machines (DM80 or
      E6000 models).

      Fiber Friends will meet at Rocking Horse Farm on the third Tuesday
      this month as usual... bring a project to work on or questions about
      your spinning, knitting or other fiber projects. We begin at 6pm and
      end around 9pm.

      If you were reading the daily blog postings during the SEPTEMBER
      SEMINAR but missed some, I am working on putting them all together in
      one downloadable pdf document. If there is interest, I will also try
      to include pictures and descriptions of all (or most) of the items
      from the Style Show or THINK GREEN contest. There were wonderful
      examples of knits, embroidery, weaving and rugmaking.

      Until next time, Happy Knitting and Stitching!