August knitting, sewing and fiber news

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2008
      Hello friends! Our weekend at the First Annual Fiber Festival at
      Bonanazaville was exciting. There were many excellent demonstrators
      and vendors with beautiful things.

      One vendor in particular has a website with fascinating felted items,
      including life-like animals. She even does custom made sculptures of
      your favorite pet. Visit Teresa Perleberg's page of felted animal
      pictures here:

      http://www.flocksandherd.com/page05.html

      --------------
      STORE CALENDAR:

      Check out all of our classes and events on our store calendar in the
      ROCKING HORSE NEWS...

      EMBROIDERY CLUB: Sat. August 2, 10am (free, all invited)

      MACHINE KNITTING CLUB: Sat. August 2, 1:30pm (free, all invited,
      bring snack to share and Show-and-Tell) Demonstration: Pom-poms and
      Puffy Baby Hat (or adult version)

      FIBER FRIENDS: usually off in summer, but we are meeting August 19th
      anyway. Bring spinning, handknitting, crochet or other project to
      work on.

      SEPTEMBER SEMINAR: Thurs-Sat. Sept. 18-20, registration forms are in
      the "FILES" section or email for info.

      --------------
      SALES:

      We have a limited number of special skeins of Lamb's Pride on sale,
      for $5.00 per skein.

      Knitting Needles: Addi Turbo circular needles for handknitting,
      several smaller sizes available at the reduced price of $11.50
      (regular price $14.00 and up) while supplies last.

      Meltable soap for the "Embedded Stitching" project available. Use
      your machine embroidery, lace, crochet or small knitting to
      personalize soap for a unique gift.

      CONTEST:

      Several readers have asked where to get information about the THINK
      GREEN contest. If you look at the SEPTEMBER SEMINAR registration
      form, there is a list of categories and suggestions in a box on the
      page.

      Until next time, happy knitting and stitching!