Sewing and Embroidery project ideas... casserole carrier, the Uncommon Cardigan

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2008
      Greetings from Camp! A nice group of enthusiastic stitchers are here
      at Rocking Horse Farm until Saturday. Our usual number of Sewing and
      Embroidery machines grew by leaps and bounds when the Camp Attendees
      arrived this morning. I can count 16 machines being used!

      One of the projects being done by some of the Attendees is a
      Casserole Carrier. There are pictures of this project in a new photo
      album called " ! 2008 Sewing & Embroidery Camp " I can't share the
      instructions, in fairness to the person who provided them, but feel
      free to look at the pictures to come up with your own new and clever
      ideas.

      Something I can share is the handout from this morning's "Keep Your
      Machine Green" session. For a limited time, you can download this 4
      page pdf file in the "files" section. It is called "camp green
      handout." Included are hints and tips for keeping your fabric,
      machines and craft supplies in good working condition; sewing and
      embroidery machine cleaning tips, and a chart of suggested needles to
      use when embroidering on different fabrics. I will leave this up to
      download until the end of camp.

      Some of the knitters attending Sewing & Embroidery Camp this weekend
      are doing Carole's UNCOMMON CARDIGAN. This is a special sweatshirt
      cardigan project that creates a dressy cardigan. The knit fairisle
      bands go all the way around the V neck. You can make this item at
      home, using Carole's book featuring complete knitting and cut-&-sew
      instructions. THE UNCOMMON CARDIGAN is part of Rocking Horse
      Farm's "Trendsetter Designs" series for machine knitters, $12.00 +
      $5.49 Priority Mail s/h to US addresses.

      **Note: if you've attended Carole's class at a workshop or knitting
      seminar, the instructions in "The Uncommon Cardigan" book are not the
      same as the red-covered "Cut & Sew/Serge Cardigan Fairisle Bands"
      because the bands go all the way around the neck. Both books are
      still available!