January news: polar fleece class, new sweater pattern, and more

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2008
      Happy new year! I have some news about a class and some events that I
      was supposed to send earlier this week, but time has passed too
      quickly. So I apologize if you are not close enough to us to attend,
      but this is the quickest way to let people know about our upcoming
      events!

      --------------------
      POLAR FLEECE HAT CLASS, Saturday Jan. 5, 10am

      Barb Kuklok is doing a polar fleece hat class here and will offer the
      free pattern to all who can attend. If you would like to draw out the
      pattern, feel free to bring a piece of polar fleece. We will also
      have some extra polar fleece here. Barb says the piece should be 1/2
      yard, and the width (the stretchy part) 25". This will be suitable
      for any size hat. After cutting out the hat, there will be machine
      embroidery options for the fleece. So... you may not want to have too
      much of a print on the fleece you bring.

      --------------------
      NEW SWEATER PATTERN in the ROCKING HORSE NEWS

      The new Winter 2008 issue of the ROCKING HORSE NEWS is being mailed
      (or handed out at club meetings) this week. The featured pattern is
      called ANCIENT COLUMNS SWEATER. A picture is on the homepage of this
      yahoo group. The design motif is based on an architectural column,
      and the sweater's unique look is achieved by changing background
      colors instead of motif colors.

      Other features in this issue include: an article about using beets to
      dye yarn, felted purse, new yarns, tech tip, machine embroidery
      corner, article about knitting designs on postage stamps, and more.
      As always, there are special sale offers for current subscribers.

      Cover price for each issue is $3.00, or subscribe: 2 years for $12
      (US addresses). The newsletter is never available online, it is a
      print-only publication.

      --------------------
      JANUARY EVENTS at ROCKING HORSE FARM

      Embroidery Club (Fleece Hat Class), Sat. January 5, 10am (free)

      Machine Knitting Club, Sat. January 5, 1:30pm (free)

      Fiber Friends (spin/knit/crochet/felt), Tues. January 15, 6pm (free)

      Gathering for Antique Round Sock Knitting Machine owners, Sat.
      January 19, 10-6 (free, potluck lunch)

      2008 WORKSHOP AND SEMINAR SCHEDULE for ROCKING HORSE FARM

      (Registration Forms printed in the Rocking Horse News, or send a SASE)

      Winter KNIT-IN, Sat. February 16 (optional extra day on Friday, Feb.
      15)

      KNITTING MACHINE "CAMP" June 19-21
      EMBROIDERY MACHINE "CAMP" July 17-19

      SEPTEMBER SEMINAR, Sept. 18-20

      Monthly classes and Store Calendar are printed in the Rocking Horse
      News.