Hurry, knitting--felting--stitching sale ends in 1 day!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2007
      There is just one day left to take advantage of our Customer
      Appreciation sale. Check out the flyer posted in the "files" section of
      this yahoo group to see the sale prices for yarns, wool roving, pattern
      books, and equipment. We still have a large selection of yarn and fiber
      to choose from, and several of the equipment pieces are still available.

      Has everyone been busy preparing for holiday gift giving? Remember to
      keep your favorite charity in mind as you sew and knit. Our MITTEN TREE
      project is still going strong, with more items than ever! We will
      continue to collect items until December 22, when organizers from
      several charities arrive to pick up what we have collected for local
      and national distribution at shelters and food shelves. But we start
      all over again after the first of the year, hoping to collect items for
      charitable giving in 2008.

      One of the activities that we collect for is OPERATION TOASTY TOES. A
      nice card arrived at Rocking Horse Farm today:

      "Thank you on behalf of the Granite Post 428 Auxiliary and the
      troops, for your large donation of knit articles for the Troop Care
      Packages. They were all greatly appreciated. I spoke with a soldier's
      mother last evening and her son serving in Iraq said the slippers are
      wonderful, as the floors are very cold there. Thank you!"

      Ann the Gran's website has some really clever designs for embroidered
      snowflakes that incorporate musical motifs. At first glance, you might
      just see a nice snowflake design. But looking further, you will notice
      treble clefs, notes, or other musical symbols. Check them out here:

      Lion Brand Yarn has a fun e-newsletter the send out several times a
      month. It's called BK4K (which stands for By Kids, For Kids) and is
      always full of fun ideas that even grown-ups will enjoy. And best of
      all, it's free! The most recent mailing is called "Winter Wonderland"
      and includes: Fun Fur Snowball; Candy Cane Coat Hanger; and Holiday
      Decorations. Sign up at the Lion Brand website, here: