free pattern: Easy "Furry" Scarf

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2007
      Everybody likes free stuff, so here's a quick and easy pattern for a
      Fun Fur scarf on the bulky knitting machine. Some of our readers have
      been making these for awhile, but they are still in demand and they
      were a H-U-G-E hit at the 2007 Minnesota Quilting Expo where Carole
      and other knitting machine dealers demonstrated Silver Reed knitting
      machines.

      We whipped up this scarf in a jiffy, using a pre-owned KH260 Brother
      bulky 9mm knitting machine that we have for sale. Check out the
      picture of the scarf (in progress) being knit on the machine, on the
      home page of this yahoo group!

      FUN FUR SCARF ON BULKY KNITTING MACHINE

      Machine: any bulky 9mm
      Pattern: no patterning necessary
      Yarn: Fun Fur, Shimmer, Stradivarius, Tingle or similar yarns
      Tension: 6
      Difficulty Level: basic beginner, great for kids

      E-wrap cast on every third needle, starting at L30 and ending at R25.

      (Every third needle... means the needle set-up diagram would look
      like this: I..I..I..I.. across the needle bed)

      Tension 6, knit 1 row and hang cast-on comb and weights.

      Continue knitting, moving weights up when necessary. Watch end
      needles for dropped stitches. (Dropped stitches may mean that the
      sponge retainer bar needs to be changed.)

      Knit enough rows to use up two balls of yarn, or desired length. Each
      ball is 1 ounce, so be prepared to knit quite a few rows! Hopefully
      the knitting will go smoothly but take care not to let the end of 1
      ball go through the yarn feeder before tying on the next ball!

      P.S. the pictured bulky knitting machine is still available for sale,
      $1395 for the machine AND ribber, tested and in excellent shape!