November news: PC10 knit patterning device, and more

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2007
      We are excited to announce a new arrival at our store. The PC10 knit
      patterning device is here and ready for you to see!

      This compact device (see picture on the home page of this yahoo group)
      is compatible with most modern electronic knitting machines (all the
      currently-available electronic machines by Silver Reed) for easy
      pattern storage, retrieval and creation. The PC10 allows you to create
      and store knitting patterns up to 200 stitches wide and 1000 rows long.

      It is being advertised as an easy-to-use alternative to knitting
      interactive with DesignaKnit. This will be of interest to machine
      knitters who prefer not having to knit while the machine is plugged in
      to a computer or laptop.

      Each PC10 device comes with many built-in stitch designs including
      Fairisle, weaving and lace... and a power cord, color booklet showing
      the built-in patterns, instruction manual, and handy quick-reference
      card. The introductory price is $1095 and will come with a free gift
      when purchased from our shop.

      This device has been available previously in other countries so the
      technology is sound and worry-free. There is no need to worry about it
      being a new or untested product, Silver Reed has been selling it to
      satisfied knitters in other countries for several years.

      We are pleased to have this brand-new item on hand. Visit our store
      soon for a free demonstration!

      -------------------------------
      NOVEMBER EVENTS -plan a trip to Rocking Horse Farm to participate-

      MACHINE KNITTING CLUB, Sat. Nov. 3, 1:30pm. Free, all invited.
      Demonstration: Shirley G. will demonstrate mittens. Bring show-and-tell
      item and snack to share (if you wish).

      MACHINE EMBROIDERY CLUB, Sat. Nov. 3, 10am. Free, all invited.

      FIBER FRIENDS handknitting-spinning-fiber arts, Tues. Nov. 20, 6-9pm.
      Free, all invited. Bring show-and-tell item and snack to share (if you
      wish).

      -------------------------------
      New Magazine!!!

      We are now selling SPIN OFF magazine. This publication is from
      Interweave Press, famous for excellent magazines for handknitting,
      crochet, beading and more. SPIN OFF has articles and ads covering all
      yarn crafts, but also focuses on spinning and felting of wool.

      The first issue we've received is the FALL 2007 "Anniversary Issue"
      featuring: 4 Socks to Spin and Knit, Quick and Easy Fiber Blending,
      Dyeing and Self-Striping Yarns, articles about Camel hair and Llama
      wool, and more. The magazine is not just for fans of spinning wheels,
      there are knitting and crochet patterns in each issue making it of
      interest to any fiber fanatic.

      We decided to offer this magazine when it was brought to our attention
      by some of the girls at our FIBER FRIENDS club. They really like the
      magazine, and brought this issue to share in October. This issue
      featured an article about Circular Sock Machines and the different
      types or weights of yarns to use on them.

      We have a limited number of this issue available for $7.99 +s/h. The
      next issue (Winter 2007) will be available at our store in a few weeks.

      MITTEN TREE

      It's almost time to set up the artificial trees that we decorate each
      year with donated hats, mittens and other children's items. We've
      already received several boxes and bags to get started! Stay tuned for
      details.