too busy knitting & stitching to answer the telephone!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2007
      Hello friends, while it is true that we have been knitting away the
      time and the embroidery machine is humming... the telephones at
      Rocking Horse Farm have actually been down for the past few days. If
      you've been trying to reach us, we've been completely without phones
      inbetween the hours of 9am and noon for several days this week. It's
      a bit of a mystery, the only way we have of knowing the phones are
      working is when someone is finally able to get through and asks why
      we haven't been answering the phone!

      Even if technology may fail now and then, people can always count on
      knitting-sewing-spinning and fiber fun to keep life interesting. We
      hope people are exhibiting at fairs, markets and festivals this
      summer. We just heard from someone on the telephone this afternoon
      who is selling organic homemade soaps at Farmers Markets in the San
      Francisco, California area and wants to add knit dishcloths to his
      offerings. Isn't that great? Another new knitter!

      Carole spent all day Wednesday judging at a Fair in Princeton,
      Minnesota. It's great to see young people getting active in fiber
      craft and arts. And it isn't just girls, there are plenty of boys
      knitting and sewing, too.

      Meanwhile, I've been working on a special knit design that will be
      ready in time for our September Seminar and the Fall Issue of the
      ROCKING HORSE NEWS. I am using DesignaKnit software to design a knit
      item that ties in with the Seminar theme of "An American in Paris."
      Stay tuned for details.

      Everyone is thinking about "Back to School" already and that means
      autumn will be here soon. Here is a link for some nice autumn floral
      embroidery designs I stumbled upon:

      http://www.threadartist.com/embroidery_large_fall_florals.htm

      Don't forget that we have an ample supply of embroidery designs,
      Floriani threads, machine knitting patterns and designs with fall
      themes, and wool roving for spinning or felting in fall colors. And
      of course, the sale on Tamm Rayito yarn for knitting or crochet
      continues until the end of August.

      Please remember that if you try to phone or email us and don't get a
      response, it might be because we are outside enjoying the warm
      weather but it could also mean our phones are causing trouble again!
      Keep trying!

      Until next time, Happy knitting and sewing.
      Jason on behalf of Carole and Fred.