April knitting, stitching, fiber and fleece news...

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2007
      Hello everyone, it's raining buckets here so we are reminded of the
      saying "April showers bring May flowers." Here are some flower or
      spring themed project ideas for all types of projects!

      FOR CROCHET: Tulip Afghan Set, for H hook/worsted yarn, afghan is 45"
      x 56" amd pillow is 12" x 16" Leaflet with color pics: $2.95 +s/h.

      MACHINE KNITTERS: Charlene Shafer's FRENCH FLOWER CART AFGHAN book
      and disk, $15+s/h (specify disk choice: 930, 940-970, or DAK)
      *please note that this is a different pattern than Charlene's FLOWER
      GARDEN AFGHAN, which we also have in stock, same price.

      MACHINE EMBROIDERY: Design Buzz CELESTIAL SENSATIONS has a fantastic
      stitch design of the sun - it looks great on this rainy day! CDROM is
      compatible with tons of machines/sewing systems, $39.90 +s/h.

      BASEBALL FANATICS: We have the color leaflets for warm-up sweaters
      (zip front) featuring officially licensed major league baseball TEAM
      LOGOS. Leaflet includes sweater jacket instructions, color chart, and
      design motif graphs suitable for knitting or needlework. $6.00 +s/h
      specify National League teams or American League teams.

      ________________________
      NEW KNITTING MACHINE BOOK:

      Charlene Shafer has published a new book called Playtime Blankets!
      Look at the home page of this yahoo blog list for a color pic of the
      cover. (I will leave it up for a few days......but not forever. hehe)
      Book with disk, $25 +4.99 Priority Mail shipping, or 2.99 regular
      mail to USA addresses.

      -------------------------
      Of LOCAL INTEREST:

      We will be having a free hands-on KOOL-AID DYE workshop during our
      next Fiber Friends meeting. Bring some yarn or fleece you would like
      to die, and a package of Kool-Aid if you have a specific color you
      want to use. We will be using the new handouts that were made
      available at the Mall of America KnitOut in February. Tuesday, April
      17th, 6-9pm.

      OTHER STORE EVENTS:
      Machine Embroidery Club, free, Sat. April 7, 10am.
      Machine Knitting Club, free, Sat. April 7, 1:30pm.
      Fiber Friends, free, Dye class, Tues. April 17, 6-9pm.

      YARNOVER sponsored by Minnesota Knitting Guild, Sat. April 21.

      PURLS OF JOY MACHINE KNITTING SEMINAR, April 27-28. The list of
      classes being given by Carole Wurst and those by Jason Wurst are
      already available in this group's "FILES" section. Registration form
      available at:

      http://www.customknitsmfg.net/home/purlsofjoyseminar.html

      Visit our vendor table and say hello to Fred, Carole or Jason! Visit
      the Greenwing embroidery vendor booth and say hello to Jerome or Barb!

      Our MACHINE KNITTING CAMP will be Thurs-Sat June 7-9!
      Sewing and Embroidery Camp with Barb and Jerome is July 12-14!
      SEPTEMBER SEMINAR with Sandee Cherry is Sept. 6-8. 2007!