fiber & equipment sale, upcoming knitting/embroidery events

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2006
      Hello again, sorry for sending several messages on one day, but we
      have a lot of news to share.

      First, I would like to share news about a special night that we will
      be staying open late. The family of a former customer is having a
      sale on Thursday, October 9th; and we will be keeping the store open
      that night until 10pm for anyone who may be traveling to this sale.
      Our store is located next to an Interchange on I-94, just a short
      distance (5 or 10 minutes) from this sale. We will be open in case
      anyone needs a "pit stop" or needs a cup of coffee (shot of caffeine,
      anyone?) to make the drive more fun.

      Here are some details as posted on another list:

      You are all invited to a very special sale of a huge assortment of
      fiber and related equipment. The items are from the estate of Lynne
      Sim and are in excellent / like-new condition. If you'd like to have
      something by which to remember Lynne or just a fabulous bargain on
      beautiful yarn, this is the sale for you.

      WHERE: in the Museum Room of the Science Building on the campus at
      St. John's University (directions given below)

      DATE: Thursday, November 9, 2006
      TIME: 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. (no early sales)

      The following is a partial list of the goods to be offered for sale.

      Fricke drum carder (new, still in the box and never been used)
      Lendrum double treadle spinning wheel (4 yrs. old, like new condition)
      Majacraft Rose double treadle spinning wheel (2 yrs. old, like new
      condition)
      Kromski harp rigid heddle loom (2 yrs. old, like new condition)
      Silver Reed "Light Knitter" knitting machine model LK150 in box
      complete with handbooks and Fair Isle carriage
      Small table loom
      Several whole fleeces (some washed and carded, some still in the
      grease)
      Lynne's collection of drop spindles, niddy-noddy's and nostepinnes
      Knitting needles (regular, circular and doublepoint in various gauges
      and lengths) and related knitting accessories
      Large assortment of fiber-related books (most in like new condition)
      Yarn (skads of skeins in every fiber and color imaginable)

      Directions: When entering St. John's University, proceed straight
      ahead through the 4-way stop. Take the first left hand turn - it will
      be marked with a sign that says Science Lot #1. This road will take
      you into a large parking lot and the Science Building will be
      directly in front of you at the far end of the parking lot. Park
      where ever you find a spot and enter the building through the double
      doors of the main entrance. Once inside the building, go down the
      hall to the left of the big pendulum and watch for signs to direct
      you to the sale.

      Other upcoming events for our local readers:

      Embroidery Club, Sat. November 4th, 10am
      Machine Knit Club, Sat. November 4th, 1:30pm
      Fiber Friends (spinning/knit/crochet), Tues. Nov. 21, 6-9pm
      Knit-a-Thons for charity: November 15th and 29th (more details will
      be posted)