97October knitting & fiber news

    Oct 6, 2006
      Hello group, is everybody ready for fall projects and holiday giving?
      We have ideas for Autumn/harvest knitting and sewing projects, and
      plenty of suggestions for holiday embroidery and knitting.

      We've been selling a lot of clear vinyl "checkbook covers" that
      people can customize by inserting their own embroidered designs.
      These make nice stocking stuffers, according to one customer. And who
      can't use a checkbook cover? We sell them for $2 each plus shipping,
      any quantity (one or more).

      Machine knitters can browse our rack full of holiday knitting
      projects, including 3-dimensional Christmas scenes that are knit and
      applied to styrofoam, tree ornaments, afghans with Christmas/Kwanzaa/
      Hannukah motifs, stocking to hang by the fireplace, and more. For
      hand and machine knitters we have patterns to embellish sweaters with
      duplicate stitch designs, such as "Old Country Santa," "Winter
      Scenes" and "Falling Leaves" for autumn.

      When you are planning your holiday gift-making, don't forget to make
      some extra items to donate to a favorite cause such as Sheila's
      Shawls or Operation Toasty Toes (our store is a drop-off point for
      both programs), Mitten Tree's or other local events.

      Do you have a charitable cause that you sew or knit for, and would
      like to share information about it? Write us at

      rhfarm@...

      CHECK OUT PICTURES FROM the "SEPTEMBER SEMINAR" posted in the "photos" section of this yahoo group!

      UPCOMING EVENTS:

      Saturday, October 7: Embroidery Club, special demo of new
      "embroidered-soap" technique. 10am, free.

      Saturday, October 7: Knit Club, new patterns and techniques from
      seminar demonstrators, show and tell. 1:30pm, free.

      Tuesday, October 17: Fiber Friends, bring a spinning wheel or
      knitting project and join our fun group. 6-9pm, free.

      SPECIAL SALES:

      Floriani Sewing/Embroidery Thread is always sold at a special price
      on Club Day (1st Saturday of each month)...

      Our book FIBER WORLD has just been reprinted with revised and updated
      information about yarns and fibers, knitting, felting, trends and
      colors for next year, and more. It is now available in spiral-bound
      book form AND on CD...

      Selected colors of Lamb's Pride in skeins are on sale for $5 each,
      while supplies last. Contact us for a list of colors...

      Happy knitting and sewing!