305new Baby Booties technique video and more news

    Apr 24, 2013
      Hello friends, just a quick note to tell you about some news at Rocking Horse Farm.

      We will be CLOSED on SATURDAY, APRIL 27th because of the Yarnover and Purls of Joy events.

      Please say hello to Carole, Fred or Jason at both of these events.
      If you are in the Midwest and would like info about attending either of these knitting events, check out the "files" section of this Yahoo Group or look at our Facebook page:

      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocking-Horse-Farm/229565593343

      -------------------

      NEW MACHINE KNITTING VIDEOS ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL

      We've posted some new videos at our Youtube channel. Watch Carole use the Garter Bar for a Baby Bootie project and do a nice knitting machine increase:

      http://www.youtube.com/user/carolescountryknits

      -------------------

      ONLINE BUTTONHOLE CLASS FOR HANDKNITTERS

      Handknitting instructor Anne Hanson teaches online classes at www.craftsy.com including an upcoming seminar on buttonholes.

      You will learn
      •How to establish smooth edges to facilitate pickup when creating your button band
      •How to calculate the pickup ratio for your bands, based on the design and your gauge
      •How to pick up the stitches on which you'll create your button band
      •How to finish off your button bands — binding off, troubleshooting and proper steaming
      •The importance of correct button selection, for form and function
      •How to space and sew on buttons
      •Techniques for creating buttonholes in a variety of styles — eyelet, two-row and one-row buttonholes
      •How to incorporate button bands and buttonholes seamlessly into fabric

      The cost is normally $39.99 for the online session but is now 25% off, by following this link (cut and paste into your browser):

      http://www.craftsy.com/class/button-bands-&-buttonholes/254?ext=VogueKnitting_ButtonBandsButtonholes_4-20-13_text1&utm_source=Vogue%20Knitting-Vogue_Knitting&utm_medium=eBlast&utm_campaign=External

      AND FINALLY, JUST FOR FUN...

      Thursday April 25th is Fred's birthday. We are encouraging anyone who attends Purls of Joy on Thursday evening to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to Fred. He doesn't know I'm telling people, so it will be a surprise!

      (Fred is married to our store owner, Carole Wurst. He is the man who does knitting machine cleaning and repairs in our shop. He also makes the wooden handle Pick-up Tools that machine knitters like to use.)

      ----

      Happy knitting, and enjoy spring!