302Emerald City knits & Tea

    Jan 29, 2013
      EMERALD CITY is the theme for Carole Wurst's annual Silver Tea and knit show this Saturday, 1:30pm.

      Attendees will be served tea and refreshments, see new knit designs, and view a Trunk Show of knit garments from the Brown Sheep Yarn company.

      Guests are invited to bring something for show-and-tell that fits the theme, either the color emerald or the Emerald City from books and movies.

      The event is free and open to the public. This is Carole's 13th year hosting the tea.

      ----

      All machine knitters who attend will receive a free pattern for one of the Emerald City designs shown during the event. Those who can't attend will be able to purchase or download the patterns after the event.

      Stay tuned for an announcement in this group about the new patterns!

      ----------------
      1) YARN SALE

      The yarn sale mentioned in the last message will continue through Saturday: sale prices on Tamm Bebe, Tamm Rayito, Tamm Estilo, and Brown Sheep Lambs Pride.

      ----------------
      2) KNITTING HINT

      When making a button band, use Yarn Markers (or stitch holders if knitting by hand) to indicate where the buttons should be attached. You are counting the rows while knitting, why do it again later when you are ready to attach the buttons? :)

      ----------------
      3) NEWS FOR ROUND SOCK MACHINE ENTHUSIASTS

      We had a wonderful turnout for the Winter CSM Gathering at Rocking Horse Farm, sock machine owners from 3 states and a wide variety of machine models. The next gathering will be in May.

      New sock yarns are available:

      Cestari Sock Yarn, wool/cotton/silk blend, $7/skein
      works beautifully on all cylinders and machines

      Saki Bamboo by Wisdom Yarns, merino/nylon/bamboo, $7.99/skein
      knits well on all machines, very comfy

      Ready to Dye yarn is also back in stock!

      Unfortunate news from the national CSM organization... the officers are currently taking a vote to dissolve the organization. It's a shame that the issues they were dealing with couldn't be worked out, and it looks like this resource for CSM knitters might be going away. Carole and Fred were charter members of this group and Carole taught at many of the early National Conferences. This summer's CSM conference, "Socks with Spirit" in Williamsburg Virginia was canceled but it looks like an informal CSM Gathering will be held on the same weekend in Virginia instead.

      or here: http://www.csmsa.org/MainFrame.php

      4) NEWS FOR HANDKNITTING ENTHUSIASTS

      There is a rumor that Kaffe Fasset (famous handknitting and textile designer) may be coming out with a new line of novelty yarns. We've been selling his sock yarns and they've been well received. We will keep you posted if we hear anything new.

      ----
      Stay tuned for more news in February.
      Happy knitting!