286April Knit Club, this Saturday... and more news

    Apr 6, 2012
      Knit Club is meeting as usual this month (first Saturday, 1:30-3:30pm) despite the holiday weekend.

      If you are unable to attend due to distance or other commitment, feel free to send an email telling us about your latest project and we will share it with the group.

      Demonstration will be Ripple Afghan and a new scarf idea inspired by Carole's recent visit to the Amana Woolen Mills in Iowa.

      All invited, beginner through advanced. No need to bring a machine, just bring a show-and-tell item or a work-in-progress. Free.

      ***NEW YARNS***

      New colors of Debbie Macomber yarns are now in stock, for handknitting or machine knitting.

      We have a selection of YEOMAN yarns, imported from England, available on cones. These include cottons and dress yarns.

      ***NEW BOOK***

      Carole and Fred took some advance copies of our new book "SOCK MACHINE EXPERIENCES" to the 2nd annual Erlbacher-Gearhart Knitting Machine Company event in Missouri last weekend. We are now adding some extra patterns to the book and will make it available for sale in the next few days. Price will be $15 +s/h.

      Carole is also working on a brand-new pattern for a lace top on the knitting machine, this should be available in time for the Purls of Joy Seminar and the Yarnover events later this month.

      ***SPINNING WHEEL BOBBINS***

      Need bobbins for your Ashford spinning wheel? We have them! Contact us with your needs. We also have Drive Bands, Oil, and Maintenance Kits in stock.